Junior Web Application Developer
RealDecoy is seeking to add a new Developer to the Ottawa team. The Junior Developer role will be fast paced from the moment you start; you will be learning new technologies, new ways of working and you will be collaborating with a variety of clients to ensure that we provide the best possible service to them. You will be responsible for implementing web sites and web applications using Java and related technologies. You will have the opportunity to work on concurrent projects with other professional developers, technical leads, project managers and planners. You will be expected to keep current of new and emerging techniques, understand when and how they can be applied to projects and assist in documenting trusted best practices. Typically, you will be required to:
o Assist in designing the deployment architecture for web-based applications.
o Perform program modifications following detailed technical specifications and resolve programming problems.
o Create detailed technical specifications and resolve programming problems.
o Create test scenarios and perform unit testing of programming changes.
o Undertake web site and application development with Microsoft technologies.
o Work concurrently on several projects with the support of each project’s Technical Lead/Project Manager.
o Maintain a solid understanding of technical environments for web applications keeping abreast of new functions and changes that may impact the implementation of client projects.
o Provide time estimates for various aspects of development.
o Provide other development support as required and consistent with your current skill set (HTML markup, etc). o Assists with the basic analysis of client’s business needs and makes preliminary recommendations.
o Prepares and/or maintains a variety of technical and user documentation.
AS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE, YOU WILL HAVE:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 1 years software development experience
- Experience with Oracle databases or any other.
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of OOD/OOP concepts
- Experience using software test tools and testing principles to assure software quality.
- Experience with source control systems (SVN/GIT etc.)
- The ability to demonstrate strong communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders and an effective grasp of emotional intelligence.
- The ability to establish rapport and build good work relationships.
- A good track record of keeping timelines while working within a team context.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE EXPERIENCE USING:
- Experience working in a professional services organization is preferred.
- Oracle ATG Commerce or Solr or Elasticsearch
- Spring Framework
- DevOps and CI tools
- Mobile application development tools and frameworks
- Working with threaded application models & concurrent systems.
- SOAP and REST web services implementation.
- Drupal, Wordpress and other mid to enterprise level Content Management Systems.
If, after reading the above, you feel inspired and believe that you can make a significant contribution to our team, we would love to hear from you.