Reali was founded with a mission to develop a seamless, transparent, and highly efficient residential real estate and home ownership experience by partnering technology with a customer-centric team and years of real estate experience.
- Assist auditors, internal and external, with gathering files and providing additional documentation as requested
- Work with Finance and Accounting to update tax return and financial statement information for the company in NetSuite and performing reconciliation with data found in Salesforce and Quickbooks
- Assist in review and monitoring of insurance - fidelity, E&O, and surety bonds
- Assist CEO and Head of Finance with ensuring the timely filing of federal, state, and local taxes; follow up as necessary with appropriate agencies and consistently communicate status of tax filings
- Complete quality assurance files reviews for certified loans underwritten under Delegated or Non-Delegated authority
- Complete second level reviews on loans cited with any level of defect by the third party vendor
- Assist with the preparation of executive level reporting of QA results on a monthly basis, and communicate results to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of NMLS, CFPB, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and other mortgage-related agencies’ guidelines/eligibility requirements
- Manage the licensing of Mortgage Loan Originators including but not limited to pre-licensing and continuing educational requirements by state
- Participate in system testing and enhancement requirements as part of a coordinated corporate effort
- Provide feedback to supervisors and managementUpdate company systems of record and databases as required
- Maintain files and documentation
- Review data and files for accuracy
- Develop and build enterprise efforts to support and enhance third party management program objectives.
- Perform the screening, approval, and termination of counterparty agents such as brokers, settlement agents, AMCs, and service vendors for loan origination and all suppliers.
- Set-up new counter-parties in loan-origination systems.
- Act as service-level manager for key suppliers
- Manage regulatory and service-level compliance for state and federal regulatory requirements associated with all aspects of residential mortgage lending and servicing counterparties.
- Engage and correspond with legal counsel and outside compliance auditors on legal, regulatory compliance matters, consumer complaints and compliance reviews.
- Support the preparation of and submission of state and federal examinations.
- Support the Risk Management Process.
- Develop third-party management policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Manage all aspects of the annual renewal process for approved counterparties.
- Manage ad hoc Risk Management projects as assigned.
- Prepare and send company communications to all vendors and track results.
- Provide feedback and trends from the company’s data counterparty scorecards.
- Research and prepare documentation for on-site visits to outside entities and applicants.
- Conduct regular reviews of counterparty entity licenses and insurance coverages.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or related field is preferred
- Mortgage or financial-related industry experience is preferred
- 3+years or more of experience in the mortgage banking industry with specific mortgage insurance industry experience desired
- 2+ years of experience as a loss mitigation specialist, home retention specialist, collection specialist, or foreclosure analyst for a law firm, bank, or loan servicing company.
- Practical experience in Conventional mortgage underwriting and/or quality assurance required
- Knowledgeable of all Agency underwriting guidelines
- Experience from an administrative perspective, with one or more of the following applications: Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, loans servicing systems, Adobe Acrobat, dialer systems, and Google Apps.
- Deep knowledge of mortgage loan documents, foreclosure and bankruptcy processes.
- Excellent communication skills with internal operations and outside parties, which may include counsel, state regulators, etc.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and to effectively handle time-sensitive matters
- Ability to work well with others in an organized manner and effectively meet deadlines. Must understand the importance of respecting and maintaining the confidentiality of non-public information needed to perform duties
- Proficient in the Fair Debt and Collection Practices Act
- Working knowledge of mortgage loan documents, foreclosure and bankruptcy rules
- Ability to work effectively with others in high pressure situations
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Reali is a tightly-knit team of licensed real estate professionals and technologists. What gets each and every one of us out of bed? Making a huge difference with innovative technology, reinventing the entire business model and transaction process, and giving power and huge benefits back to buyers and sellers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.