Corporate Counsel (Legal)
General & Administrative
Reali was founded with a mission to develop a seamless, transparent, and highly efficient residential real estate and home ownership experience by partnering technology with a customer-centric team and years of real estate experience.
About The Team
Reali is looking for Corporate Counsel with a breadth of experience and who enjoys working in a dynamic, collegial, real estate-focused environment. This role requires a dedicated and detail-oriented individual with a track record of excellent communication and fostering relationships across functions and levels. You should enjoy taking the helm on evolving contract-related processes, supporting new business lines and ensuring regulatory compliance while protecting the company’s interest, helping the company grow, and delivering dedicated service to clients.
About The Role
- You will be responsible for handling a broad range of legal matters, with a focus on licensing, product implementation, intellectual property issues, and corporate governance. Provide proactive day-to-day support to Reali's amazing real estate experts across the country.
- Develop systems and frameworks that allow the team to work smarter, and focus on empowering clients in multiple jurisdictions.
- Provide advice on a variety of issues and disputes in multiple real estate licensing jurisdictions.
Skills & Experiences
- Draft, review and negotiate the inbound and outbound license, business development and other commercial agreements
- Experience in a busy practice with significant day-to-day counseling and advice, whether in the context of dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, or real estate transactions
- Experience with contract review and negotiation
- Willingness to take on jobs big and small related to a wide variety of subjects including contracts, residential real estate, litigation management, and MLS issues
- Experience in some or all of these areas is positive with a passion to learn a necessity
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to boil-down legal issues into a simple summary for team members in other departments
- Strong ability to listen to, collaborate with and provide unobtrusive but effective advice to clients at all levels of the organization
- Happy to tackle complex legal and business problems
- Ability to handle a rapidly-changing environment, and shift from one task to another
- Ownership of projects and functions in and outside the scope of Reali's legal needs
- Experience supporting in-house teams with product development strongly preferred
- Conscientious, detail-orientated and meticulous practitioner
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle competing, time-sensitive projects
- Aptitude for innovative and goal-oriented problem solving
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- A JD with admission to the State Bar of California and 4+ years of legal experience as in-house counsel (preferably in the start-up environment)
- Experience in a legal firm prior to an in-house counsel role
- Real Estate Agent or Brokerage license in one or more states; or familiarity with the practice of real estate brokerage law
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Reali is a tightly-knit team of licensed real estate professionals and technologists. What gets each and every one of us out of bed? Making a huge difference with innovative technology, reinventing the entire business model and transaction process, and giving power and huge benefits back to buyers and sellers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.