Head of Accounting
General & Administrative
Reali was founded with a mission to develop a seamless, transparent, and highly efficient residential real estate and home ownership experience by partnering technology with a customer-centric team and years of real estate experience.
Reali is looking for the first accounting hire to build the accounting team in-house. You will serve as an integral part of the management team and will report directly to the Head of Finance and Operations. This position will be responsible for the general and transactional accounting activities for the US entity and international subsidiaries, inclusive of the general ledger, full cycle accounts payable, expense reimbursement, credit card program, capitalized assets, liability recognition, and the related internal controls associated with the accounting activities. You will also be responsible for the accounting related to consumer real estate and mortgage transactions.
- Own and manage month end close including reconciliations and consolidation
- Oversee GL and financial reporting
- Lead Accounts Payable, which includes ensuring appropriate steps are taken for timely disbursements and accurate recording in the general ledger
- Cash Management
- Oversee credit card program and expense reimbursement
- ERP system integration and administration
- Manage annual audit
- Manage tax submissions
- Provide oversight for the quality and accuracy of financial information for both internal management financial reporting and external financial reporting
- Responsible for ensuring Company policies relating to its accounting, transactional processing, and financial reporting are strictly followed. Develop further policies and/or enhance current policies.
- Implement process improvements to the general accounting functions to drive operational efficiencies while maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the underlying accounting records.
- Ensure the Company maintains its robust internal control environment relative to the U. S. business and overall consolidation.
- Act as a key process owner on internal controls and business processes.
- Recommend control changes and enhancements as needed.
- BS degree
- 10+ years public and private industry experience; Knowledge of US GAAP
- Hands on experience with NetSuite (highly desirable) and cloud-based software accounting systems
- Experience with the finance or real estate and mortgage industries a plus
- Mortgage Accounting experience (highly desirable)
- Comfortable working within a diverse team
- Organized and analytical
- Great at juggling different perspectives; a natural influencer with strong people skills
- Effective communication across all levels of the organization
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to set-up, automate and track data and information.
- High attention to details and strong project management skills
- Requires minimal supervision and ability to act independently
- Strong Microsoft Excel, G-Suite experience is a plus
- Reali is proud to be named a 2019 “Best Place to Work!”
- Fun, in office culture, free parking
- Transparent, high energy work environment
- Stock, 401K, commuter benefits, referral bonuses and comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- On-site gym and towel service
- Fully stocked kitchen and in office Friday lunch catering
- Opportunities for growth
- Discretionary vacation policy
- Competitive compensation
- Location: San Mateo, California
- Job Type: Full Time, with benefits
- Accounting, CPA, GAAP, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Reali is a tightly-knit team of licensed real estate professionals and technologists. What gets each and every one of us out of bed? Making a huge difference with innovative technology, reinventing the entire business model and transaction process, and giving power and huge benefits back to buyers and sellers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.