Sr. Director of Investments, Commercial Equity
San Francisco, CA
Commercial Equity & CRE Debt Investment Sales
RealtyShares is a leading online marketplace for real estate investing, using technology to unlock the multi-trillion dollar asset class. We connect our network of individual and institutional investors with pre-vetted real estate operators looking to raise capital for commercial and residential projects. Venture-backed by premier investors such as 500 Startups, Union Square Ventures, General Catalyst, Cross Creek Advisors and Menlo Ventures, RealtyShares has deployed more than $700 million over 1,000 investment opportunities in 39 states and has returned more than $130 million in principal to investors since 2013.
As the Sr. Director of Investments, you will manage the origination, structuring, underwriting and execution of equity (preferred and JV equity) financing across commercial real estate asset classes on behalf of sponsor clients. You will effectively engage with and manage clients while you build and lead a team.
Effective dealmaking is the key to success in this role. Everything counts - from the relationships and team leadership to analysis, legal, deadlines, CRD fundamentals, and resource management.
This is an intense and rewarding role in a fast-paced growing, successful early-stage company.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Drive the revenue of the company by managing an extensive and growing book of business, while ensuring performance at or above pro forma
- Build a pipeline of new debt and equity real estate investment opportunities nationally through programmatic sponsor relationships
- Source & close deals alongside an associate
- Outreach to sponsors - establish yourself as a subject matter expert within a specific deal execution type (e.g. product type, asset type, geography, etc.)
- Attend conferences, sponsor visits, manage associates’ work and leads
- Be part of Team Leadership and Development
- Train and manage junior team on investment valuation techniques, modeling, and investment memo preparation
- Prepare the junior team for either a manager track or growing their success as revenue generators
- Report directly to the VP of Equity Investments
You will work closely with:
- Outside deal team
- Investor sales team
- Capital markets team - institutional side
- Finance Deal
- Ops team
- Marketing - how to get the right leads to the top of the funnel
- CEO - deal pipeline
Seeking an individual with:
- 10+ yrs experience in real estate equity and/or debt on the transaction side
- Deal structuring + sales chops
- Significant client management experience
- Demonstrated success in hiring, training, and growing a team
- Strong network with smaller to mid-market sponsors
- Proven ability to work collaboratively under pressure
- Aptitude to work in a changing start-up environment
At RealtyShares, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.