Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst
New York, New York
Finance – FP&A /
Full-time - Remote
Real Vision exists to create a world where people are free to live their lives knowing that their financial future is secure.
We arm you with the knowledge, the tools, and the network to succeed on your financial journey.
knowledge x tools x network = success
We are looking for a dedicated and dynamic Senior Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst to join our finance team. This role will be instrumental in supporting our growth and helping us make informed strategic decisions by providing financial insights, budgets, forecasts, and analytical support. This is a remote position.
- Budgeting, Financial Modeling & Forecasting:
- Develop, update, and maintain financial models for forecasting, budgeting, cash flow management, and short and long-range planning.
- Collaborate with various departments to compile annual budgets and monthly or quarterly re-forecasts.
- Financial Analysis:
- Analyze weekly/monthly/quarterly financial results and communicate variances to the management team.
- Provide actionable insights to support decision-making processes.
- Drive optimization initiatives to improve profitability.
- Design and distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc financial reports and dashboards.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial information is presented to leadership teams.
- Strategic Initiatives:
- Partner with business units to evaluate new projects or investments.
- Perform ROI and payback period analyses for proposed projects.
- Enhance the use of financial systems to ensure accurate data and efficiency in reporting.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to optimize the FP&A function.
- Work closely with accounting to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Engage with cross-functional teams (marketing, content, engineering, product, etc) to understand business needs and translate them into financial terms.
- 3-5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis, preferably in a SaaS or start-up environment
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field. MBA or equivalent is a plus.
- Familiarity with SaaS metrics (CAC, LTV, MRR, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High comfort level with creating new forecast models from scratch and creating assumptions to model new revenue streams
- Ability to communicate complex financial information in a clear and concise manner.