Senior Data Engineer
New York, NY
Engineering – Data & Analytics /
Rearc was founded with people and engineering at its core. We hire engineers who value ownership and freedom and have outstanding leadership abilities and technical expertise.
Who are our data engineers? They are:
- creative problem-solvers who have put together a growing library of over 400 datasets; they continue to build out
the cloud data platform that delivers this data to customers in a robust manner.
- hands-on-keyboard leaders who advise and consult with our customers
- collaborators on data strategy who work to unlock the value of data with cloud data pipelines and infrastructure.
- ambassadors of our engineering focused culture
Senior Data Engineers at Rearc live in data and the pipelines that produce it. They are experienced across many tools and are able to have valuable conversations across the modern data landscape. Rearc’s senior engineers love working with junior team members and teaching them what they know. This technical knowledge and soft skill set enables them to be technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within our consulting organization where they work with our customers’ teams to solve complex data problems at scale.
We are building a team of knowledgeable and competent data engineers that build best-in-class solutions to help our customers realize the full potential of data in their business. We use cloud-native architectures and modern data engineering practices to help data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts realize their full potential.
What you'll do...
- Work with customer teams to develop and source unique and high-value datasets
- Help develop and expand the cloud data platform that transforms, validates and serves 500+ datasets to Rearc’s customers
- Opportunity to advise customers on data strategy and architecture. Lead teams of internal or customer facing engineers
- Continuous learning to keep up with industry trends and best practices
- Experiment with new and exciting technologies in the data engineering space
- Develop blogs, contribute to open source projects, and be a thought leader in your chosen specialty
- Share knowledge with Rearc engineers, our customers’ engineers, the open-source community, and the world
We're looking for...
- Extensive data engineering experience, ideally across multiple architectures, technology stacks, and use cases
- Advanced knowledge of and experience writing and testing either Python or Java/Scala
- Experience using infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or AWS CDK
- Common data library experience with NumPy, Pandas, Dask, etc.
- Data architecture experience: data warehouse, data lake, data lakehouse, etc.
- ETL experience with SQL, NoSQL
- Cloud experience in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience securing cloud workloads and serverless frameworks
- Ability to adapt to new tasks and roles in a changing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and complex engagements.
Bonus points for...
- Hands-on experience working with Spark or other big-data processing engine in a production environment
- Experience working directly with customers in a consulting capacity
- Experience with data pipeline orchestration platforms like Airflow, Prefect, Glue, DBT
- Experience with analytics/BI tools (e.g. Tableau) or AI/ML (e.g. Sagemaker)
- Experience with event driven architecture and frameworks
- Certifications in one or more of the following: AWS, Databricks, Snowflake, GCP, or Azure
$135,000 - $170,000 a year
Your first few weeks at Rearc will be spent in an immersive learning environment where our team will help you get up to speed on our internal data platform and tooling. Within the first few months, you’ll have the opportunity to experiment with a lot of different tools as you find your place on the team.
Afterward, depending on your preferences and our current open accounts, you will begin working on sourcing new datasets, improving the Rearc Data Platform, or engaging with customer requests. In every case, you will be supported by our subject matter experts, senior engineers, and solution architects as you settle into your role and begin making valuable contributions to the data practice.
Benefits and Perks
Generous time away
Maternity and Paternity leave
Educational resources and reimbursements
401(k) plan with a company contribution
Rearc is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Rearc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.