Senior Cloud Engineer
New York, NY
Engineering – Infrastructure /
At Rearc, we believe that empowering engineers drives innovation. Cloud-native architectures, modern DevOps practices, and the ability to safely experiment enables engineers to realize their full potential. We hire engineers that value ownership and freedom and have outstanding leadership abilities and technical expertise.
Our engineers are hands-on-keyboard leaders that design and build solutions to help our customers realize the full potential of cloud computing, DevOps, and CI/CD best practices.
Senior Cloud Engineers at Rearc have several years experience using cloud best practices and maintaining cloud infrastructure and automation pipelines. They work on our engagements along with our customers’ teams to improve developer experience, the security posture, and overall cloud infrastructure.
What you'll do...
- Evaluate customers’ existing infrastructure and advise how they can improve their cloud infrastructure, security posture, automation, and developer experience
- Design, build, and maintain CI/CD pipelines that deploy customers’ applications to cloud infrastructure while promoting security and cloud computing best practices
- Use infrastructure as code tools to automate immutable infrastructure
- Continuously learn to keep up with industry trends and best practices
- Interview and evaluate engineering candidates
- Opportunity to lead teams of customer engineers and Rearc engineers on consulting engagements
- Share knowledge with Rearc engineers, our customer’s engineers, and the world
What you've got...
- Advanced cloud implementation experience using compute, storage, networking, and security services and cloud native best practices on AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Extensive experience building cloud infrastructure using infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or AWS CDK
- Hands on experience designing, implementing, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using automation and best practices using tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI, ArgoCD, Github Actions, or CodePipeline
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Amazon ECS
- Extremely polished communication skills
- A growth mindset focused on technical skill enhancements and team leadership
- Comfortable with being on video in meetings internally and with clients
- Conversational proficiency in English
Bonus points for...
- Background in software development with object oriented design and test driven development
- Previous experience working in the financial industry or other highly regulated infrastructures
- Professional level cloud certifications
$135,000 - $170,000 a year
Your first few weeks at Rearc will be spent in an immersive learning environment. Our team will work with you to design a custom learning path to follow until you begin your first engagement.
Our engineers typically work on teams of two to three Rearc engineers. Engagements can last anywhere from a couple of months to longer than a year depending on our customers’ needs.
Benefits and Perks
Generous time away
Maternity and Paternity leave
Educational resources and reimbursements
401(k) plan with a company contribution
Rearc is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Rearc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.