Lead Cloud Engineer
New York, NY
Engineering – Infrastructure /
At Rearc, we believe that empowering engineers drives innovation. Cloud-native architectures, modern DevOps practices, and the ability to safely experiment enables engineers to realize their full potential. We hire engineers that value ownership and freedom and have outstanding leadership abilities and technical expertise.
Our engineers are hands-on-keyboard leaders that design and build solutions to help our customers realize the full potential of cloud computing, DevOps, and CI/CD best practices.
Lead Cloud Engineers at Rearc have several years experience using cloud best practices and maintaining cloud infrastructure and automation pipelines. They lead our engagements along with our customers’ teams to improve developer experience, security posture, and overall cloud infrastructure. They are responsible for the technical oversight and delivery of projects.
What you'll do...
- Work with clients to understand requirements and challenges to develop quality enterprise solutions for Fortune 100 customers
- Build with a GitOps mindset implementing with IaC tooling, Python, Go, Java, or other codified technologies
- Lead project teams, providing technical and delivery oversight
- Mentor junior engineers
- Write blogs and knowledge sharing articles to promote your personal brand
What you've got...
- Extensive experience with cloud and developer tooling
- Hands on skills working with a major public cloud platform in a production setting
- Experience with docker, kubernetes/ECS, Terraform
- Experience with Linux/Unix, Networking, Database
- Experience building software delivery pipelines
- Passion for solving problems using technology
- Equally comfortable doing both architecture and execution
- Ability to learn quickly, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in Cloud, DevSecOps, and Software Development
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and complex engagements.
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical audiences.
- Comfortable with being on video in meetings internally and with clients
Bonus points for...
- Multi-cloud experience across AWS, GCP and Azure
$175,000 - $200,000 a year
Your first few weeks at Rearc will be spent in an immersive learning environment. Our team will work with you to design a custom learning path to follow until you begin your first engagement.
Our engineers typically work on teams of two to three Rearc engineers. Engagements can last anywhere from a couple of months to longer than a year depending on our customers’ needs.
Benefits and Perks
Generous time away
Maternity and Paternity leave
Educational resources and reimbursements
401(k) plan with a company contribution
Rearc is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Rearc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.