Senior Payroll Specialist
Accounting & Finance – Accounting /
At ReCor Medical, we are pioneering Ultrasound Renal Denervation (uRDN) therapy to treat hypertension, the leading cardiovascular risk factor in the world. With our Paradise™ uRDN System, we’re on a mission to provide the millions of people who suffer from hypertension with a non-drug and minimally invasive option to lower their blood pressure. Join us on our journey and make a meaningful impact on the lives of people around the globe.
The primary function of this position is to perform and oversee payroll for US operations. This collaborative role works closely with HR and Accounting teams. We are looking for a payroll specialist with a keen attention to detail to help drive process improvements. The role is focused on payroll and performance bonuses related transactions and therefore requires a detail-oriented person with a high level of discretion in managing confidential compensation data.
- Conduct payroll processing using payroll and accounting systems to ensure timely, accurate payroll processing. Review all payroll transactions, including salary changes, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and any other earnings or deductions related to payroll.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and yearly close processes, including preparation of journal entries. Support monthly close cycle timelines.
- Prepare, review, submit, or adjust payroll entries for approval and posting.
- Perform tax research on a variety of federal and state issues as needed, including during acquisitions of new States.
- Provides information for monthly key performance indicators. And any other ad-hoc reports needed.
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis of data.
- Complete other accounting/payroll duties as assigned.
- Reconciles and reviews payroll reports and provides data for related general ledger accounts.
- Seeks operational improvements aimed at service performance and enhanced cost effectiveness in collaboration with HR.
- Provides strategic guidance to Management regarding potential improvements to payroll policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the administrator that manages the compliance of the third-party payroll provider.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Prior experience and proficiency with ADP Work Force is a MUST requirement.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience processing multi-state payroll is required.
- Use of integrated ERP software (QAD experience preferred).
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Payroll systems and best practices.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and the GL close process, with experience preparing and posting all payroll and benefit related journal entries.
- Completes assignments on time and with a high degree of accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to handle fast paced environment with multiple priorities and constantly changing workload.
- Identifies root causes of problems; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; implements problem resolutions quickly and effectively.
- Communicates information and ideas clearly, shares information broadly and listens carefully.
- Flexible team player
- Demonstrated ability to be a supportive and positive team member.
- Work with integrity always.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone you support.
- Competent Microsoft Office user (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) with a focus on advanced excel skills.
$77,405 - $115,000 a year
(Commensurate with training, experience, skills, etc.)
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
At ReCor Medical, we care, we collaborate, we challenge, and we create. Pursuant to these core values, we are focused on the health and safety of our employees, as well as the teamwork essential for innovation of our pioneering technology. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all ReCor US office employees effective June 10, 2021, as well as all new US office employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At ReCor Medical, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.