Operations – Production /
At ReCor Medical, we are pioneering Ultrasound Renal Denervation (uRDN) therapy to treat hypertension, the leading cardiovascular risk factor in the world. With our Paradise™ uRDN System, we’re on a mission to provide the millions of people who suffer from hypertension with a non-drug and minimally invasive option to lower their blood pressure. Join us on our journey and make a meaningful impact on the lives of people around the globe.
This role will require the individual to facilitate material needs, build, assemble, test, cable assemblies, and various subsystems of the catheter platform. This role is a tremendous opportunity to work on that will require creative and innovative approaches to problem solving while interfacing with Electrical, Mechanical, Quality and Manufacturing engineers all contributing to the project. The ideal candidate should be experienced in all typical catheter manufacturing processes including hotbox work, braiding, adhesive bonding, soldering, and laminating. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working with minimal supervision, working with basic work instructions and be able to take ideas from various cross functional teams. This is a hands-on position which will assemble product following either written or engineer’s verbal instructions. Position reports to Operations
- Manufacture prototypes, pre-clinical and clinical units. Includes stent preparation, cleaning, and coating, catheter preparation and stent mounting, device inspection, and packaging.
- Organize and assemble materials and product shipments to support the commercial and development programs.
- Inspect/test components as part of incoming inspection.
- Perform development, verification, validation, and lot release testing of development and production devices.
- Maintain work area cleanliness and compliance with various safety, fire, and hazmat guidelines.
- Execute work in a manner compliance with FDA and ISO guidelines for medical device development and manufacture.
- Maintain compliance with all document and procedure training requirements.
- Assemble products in accordance with standard work instructions, MPIs, and prints.
- Tests functional performance of completed assemblies using established procedures and test protocols.
- Operate, maintain, and set up production equipment and fixtures
- Facilitate preparation work such as line clearance, cycle counting and verifying equipment maintenance and calibrations dates.
- Perform inspections, repairs or reworks of their own and/or other’s work.
- Ensure accuracy of documentation. Initiate basic material requests. Report quality or efficiency issues as needed
- Maintain accuracy of material transactions and cycle count raw material, sub-assemblies and work-inprogress material on the line. Accurately determine and report shortages to the Production Supervisor
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures.
- Assist engineers to build, assemble, test and characterize electronic prototype assemblies, breadboard circuit assemblies, printed circuit assemblies, cable assemblies, subsystems of the robotic platform.
- Troubleshoot failures to module or component level, and clearly document/communicate issues to engineers.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Requires Experience and Qualification
- Mechanical and Solder aptitude.
- High School diploma or Higher
- Adept at working in group settings or individually with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Has a positive attitude and is flexible to changes in work assignment.
- The Ability to operate ERP experience (QAD Preferred)
- Demonstrate ability to exercise sound independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills such as Outlook, Microsoft Word/Excel are required maintaining accurate records and files.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted during work.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Physical Demands and requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Using personal protective equipment to perform work when required.
- Lifting and moving products up to 25 lbs. in weight
- Frequent sitting, standing, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, walking and/or stretching during the duration of a shift.
- Pushing and pulling product up to 25 lbs. in weight during the duration of a shift
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
- This role requires Senior Assemblers to operate in a manufacturing floor with industrial equipment and fixtures or in professional warehouse environment. Technicians must abide by applicable PPE as defined by operating instructions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. In addition, use of ladders, pallet jacks, trollies, mechanical lifts and electronic pallet stacker may be required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, work hours may vary between 5:30 am to 5:30 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
$31 - $36 an hour
(Commensurate with Experience, training and Education)
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
At ReCor Medical, we care, we collaborate, we challenge, and we create. Pursuant to these core values, we are focused on the health and safety of our employees, as well as the teamwork essential for innovation of our pioneering technology. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all ReCor US office employees effective June 10, 2021, as well as all new US office employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At ReCor Medical, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.