Director of Technical Services
Operations – Manufacturing Engineering /
At ReCor Medical, we are pioneering Ultrasound Renal Denervation (uRDN) therapy to treat hypertension, the leading cardiovascular risk factor in the world. With our Paradise™ uRDN System, we’re on a mission to provide the millions of people who suffer from hypertension with a non-drug and minimally invasive option to lower their blood pressure. Join us on our journey and make a meaningful impact on the lives of people around the globe.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Director of Technical Services will lead a department responsible for four essential functions supporting ReCor’s uRDN hardware platform: remote technical support, field service, implementation of system upgrades, & preventative maintenance. Key internal partnerships for this role include sales, customer service, quality, operations, and R&D. This leader will be accountable establishing the vision of the organization, developing the necessary processes for technical service, and building an organization to scale with ReCor Medical’s global business. The Director of Technical Services will have demonstrated a successful track record of partnering cross-functionally to establish processes and an organization which is customer focused. This individual will be a key member of the Chief Operations Officer’s engineering staff in supporting a multi-generational pipeline and hardware supply for a global commercial business (>> $250M).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Architect the Company’s global tech service strategy, inclusive of live technical support, remote service, field service, bench repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Develop and implement the appropriate processes to support remote servicing, field upgrades, preventative maintenance, & field management of product configuration.
- Maintain processes and staffing to provide customer support to resolve issues that occur during the use of the device.
- Establish the customer journey for servicing and ensure reliable and effective touchpoints to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Create and manage a technical service team with the right skillset to drive a defined service strategy.
- Define and implement appropriate strategies for technical services supporting global markets.
- Develop and maintain an organizational design that is aligned with the achievement of overall business objectives and is responsive to customer needs.
- Create an environment that is oriented to exceeding customer expectations with particular emphasis on quality and service.
- Influences, develops, and manages departmental budgets.
- Partner with sales and customers in developing and managing appropriate contracts for servicing.
- Partner with OEM’s and internal functions to coordinate and implement system upgrades, field swaps, and preventative maintenance.
- Partner with internal functions to assess and select OEM’s for hardware development, and potentially 3rd party vendors to support technical service in select regional markets.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Engineering, mechanical, electrical, and/or software.
- Experience with building and managing a tech service team inclusive of managers, engineers, and technicians.
- Product development or manufacturing experience with hardware systems in the medical device space.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in technical service and/or operations
- Experience in a leadership capacity collaborating with sales, operations, customer service, and quality.
- Has demonstrated results partnering with OEM’s to develop new hardware platforms or provide technical services for hardware systems.
- Familiar with the latest global cybersecurity standards and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on time, and on budget in a fast-paced lean environment.
- Familiarity with medical device environment, including familiarity and comfort with complying with regulatory, quality assurance, and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate cross functionally to gain alignment and drive timely decision making.
- Build a culture of teamwork and excellence in a fast-paced, lean environment by mentoring and developing staff. Incite in them a sense of purpose and enthusiasm; instill trust and credibility within and among the teams; establish productive linkages across functional and departmental boundaries.
- Possess a positive, people-centric leadership style and have a track record of enhancing a culture where people love to work, grow their capabilities, and do their best work in pursuit of a vision.
- Proven leader with a strong results orientation, positive “hands on” attitude, and a sense of urgency to get things done.
$195,000 - $233,000 a year
(Commensurate with experience, skills, education, training and geographic location)
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
At ReCor Medical, we care, we collaborate, we challenge, and we create. Pursuant to these core values, we are focused on the health and safety of our employees, as well as the teamwork essential for innovation of our pioneering technology. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all ReCor US office employees effective June 10, 2021, as well as all new US office employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At ReCor Medical, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.