VP of Accounting
San Francisco, CA /
G&A – Finance/Accounting /
Full Time Exempt
Recurly is a leading enterprise subscription billing platform that serves companies of all sizes, including some of the largest Fortune 500 organizations in the world. We are growing our San Francisco, CA, Boulder, CO, and New Orleans, LA offices. Join us to make subscriptions a competitive advantage!
Recurly is looking for a results-driven VP of Accounting to manage and improve our organization's financial performance and direct our accounting operations. Duties for the VP will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information. We are looking for a candidate who has strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, is highly organized, and has excellent leadership skills. The VP should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
Estimated annual salary for this role may range from $237,000 - $267,000
As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other perks may include:
401(k) Retirement Plan
Flex Time Off
Dog friendly office
- Preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements and supporting documents
- Review existing processes for efficiency opportunities
- Lead the Accounting Team, A/R, A/P and the month end close process
- Lead the year end process with external auditors
- Support FPA functions with timely reports
- Preparation of the annual budget and monthly financial forecasting
- Budget and capital planning administration
- Recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Payroll oversight and management
- BS degree in Accounting; CPA required
- MS degree in Accounting preferred
- 10+ years of Accounting experience
- 5+ years experience managing a team of diverse individuals
- Strong accounting technical and analytical skills required
- History of transformation required- process improvement and system implementations
- Advanced to expert level knowledge in MS Excel
- Personal attributes include a highly organized approach, superior work ethic, and unquestioned integrity
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover $450 million + in Revenue.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $9 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Offices located in San Francisco, California; Boulder, Colorado; New Orleans, Louisiana and Remote!
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com