Director of Sales Engineering
Customer – Sales Engineering /
Full Time Exempt
Recurly is looking for a seasoned Sales Engineering leader to help drive continued growth for an innovative, rapidly growing enterprise software company. This individual will join our scaling sales organization and be a key part of our company’s growth. This is a player-coach role, and will include both managing a growing Sales Engineering team as well as participating in more complex, solutions selling motions.
If you do not match the job description 100% we would still like to hear from you!
States Recurly Can Hire From:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho* Illinois, Louisiana, Minnesota, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas*, South Carolina, Utah*, Washington (*In Progress)
- Partner with Account Executives in qualifying new sales opportunities from a technical and product feature perspective
- Present Recurly technical solutions and demonstrate the platform in face to face meetings and via Web conference tools
- Manage team capacity, with a focus on ensuring skillsets and capabilities are aligned with Sales’ growth needs
- Build and deliver custom presentations and demonstrations which focus on key business drivers and technical requirements for potential customers
- Collaborate with Account Executives in production of high quality sales proposals that outline competitive differentiators
- Participate in the response to RFx’s, including security questionnaires
- Work closely with our product management team to convey customer requirements and review roadmap items
- Act as a liaison between the sales team and other departments like marketing, security, and professional services
- Assist with the support and ongoing development of Recurly demonstration environments, including examples of custom development and integrations with 3rd party applications
- Keep abreast of payment industry trends, especially those related to payments, payment stack integrations, PCI DSS and other security and compliance topics
- 6+ years experience in a pre-sales or other customer-facing solution-oriented position for an enterprise payments, SaaS, or software company
- Experience working with a professional services organization, support team, and product managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think on one’s feet
- Excellent computer skills including Salesforce.com, Google Apps, MS Office, and web presentation tools.
- Familiarity with basic front and back-end web development, i.e. HTML, CSS, JS, Ruby, Python, C#/.net, etc
- Familiarity with RestFUL WebServices APIs.
- Familiarity with Git(Hub).
- 1+ years experience selling B2B software solutions into targeted accounts
- Results-oriented approach which balances a “take charge, do-whatever-it-takes” attitude with teamwork and collaboration
- Experience configuring and delivering software demonstrations is a plus
- Experience selling ERP, financial applications, or subscription billing related products is a plus
- Willingness to travel to customer sites, trade shows, etc. as needed
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries.
Offices located in San Francisco, California, Boulder, Colorado, and New Orleans, Louisiana