Detection Engineer (Remote)
Denver, CO /
Product – Customer Security Operations /
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) continues to push the boundaries of threat detection and response with a unique combination of operations, threat research, and engineering in tight integration with the development team that designs our analysis platform and the Red Canary Threat Detection Engine.
Why You Matter
The security landscape is always shifting and introducing new adversaries. The Red Canary CIRT operates 24/7 to track down threats in endpoint data and deliver fast and actionable detections to our customers.
This is not a role where you are encouraged to passively accept current state. At Red Canary, you are empowered to actively look for opportunities to automate repetitive and tedious tasks. We let the automation framework handle the mundane tasks, so that you can remain focused on solving complex and critical problems for our customers.
Note: The Detection Engineering team is currently fully staffed, but we will continue to review all applications. Please also be aware that at this time, Red Canary is only able to hire individuals who are geographically located in the United States or United States Territories.
As a Detection Engineer at Red Canary, you will:
- Leverage Red Canary’s detection platform, endpoint data, and external resources to uncover threats and tell the story of what occurred in a customer environment
- Build new detection capabilities into the Red Canary platform based on your research of new attack techniques
- Improve the CIRT workflow through automation
- Actively engage with the CIRT team to challenge the status quo for detecting adversarial behavior
Additional Benefits of Working at Red Canary
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Flexible time off and leave benefits
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness and phone discretionary stipends
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.