Denver, CO /
Business Operations – Accounting /
Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber threats. We’re a cyber security company who protects, supports and empowers organizations to make better security decisions so they can focus on their mission without fear of cyber threats.
The combination of our market-defining technology and expertise prevents breaches every day and sets a new standard for partnership in the industry. We’re united in our commitment to customers and grounded in our values, which earned us a place on the Forbes Best Start-up Employers 2022 list. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk.
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
We are looking for a well organized and detail oriented person to coordinate and take responsibility for a variety of functions including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, revenue and expenditure reporting and GL accuracy. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated and takes initiative to improve. You will have experience across this range of work, interest in how our business ticks, and the ability to collaborate to solve problems. As our business grows, the ways we tackle this work will continue to evolve, so an interest in improving efficiency through new tools and processes will be key.
What You'll Do
- Ensure accuracy of our financial statements
- Work with FP&A to align budget to actuals
- Create / Modify account reconciliations
- Initiate / Review journal entries
- Create prepaid expense schedules
- Make recommendations around accounting structure
- Enter deferrals, inter-company and accruals as needed
- Track compliance with regulatory requirements when appropriate
- Assist with other projects as applicable
What You'll Bring
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role or a BS in accounting
- Strong analytical or accounting based work history
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis and strong MS Excel skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective communication across various levels and platforms
- Experience with Google Suite applications
- Experience in Sage Intacct a plus
- Public and / or larger company experience a plus
- CPA or public accounting experience a plus
Targeted base salary range: $80,000 - $115,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.