Sales Development Representative
Denver, CO /
Sales – Inside Sales /
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise is preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security vendors. We are passionate. We have big goals. And we are looking for the best people to join us.
What You'll Do
As a Sales Development Representative at Red Canary you will work closely with Account Executives and our marketing team to identify qualified future customers for Red Canary. Through your persistence, determination, and creativity, you will help Red Canary create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack.
How We Will Measure Your Success
In this role we will measure your success by your performance in three key areas: Prospecting, Lead Qualification, and Alignment to Values as you are performing this important work.
- Red Canary has four core values: Do what’s right for the customer, Be relentless, Deliver quality, and Be authentic. As you prospect, the values of Be Relentless and Deliver Quality will be critical to your success.
- Key Metric: Create eight opportunities for your account executive team per month
- Guiding Value: Be relentless
- Practice exceptional time management; your calendar will reflect the activities that have the most value and correlation to finding eight opportunities for your account executives
- Be relentless in your pursuit to connect with prospects; use creative research and contact techniques
- Identify prospect needs by leveraging key contacts within an organization
- As you qualify leads, the values of Do what’s right for the customer and Be authentic will be critical to your success.
- Key Metric: Deliver 6 sales accepted opportunities
- Be committed to long term customer success; adept at building trust and establishing credibility
- Commit to developing leads into prospects by understanding their challenges, needs and effectively communicating value
- Ask great questions and give your undivided attention
- Build relationships with prospects to help align offerings to their business needs
- Qualify opportunities to ensure you are focusing your efforts on prospects that 1) our solutions can help the most and 2) provide enough revenue upside to be the best investment of your time.
- Develop leads into prospects by understanding their challenges/needs and effectively communicating value
Experience and Aptitude
- Here are some experiences and aptitudes that will help you be successful in this role:
- If you have experience in an outbound prospecting role that would be great, but it isn't required. We have had great success with people with related backgrounds in recruiting, marketing, or as an account executive in services who want to transition to a SaaS software sales role
- Business Acumen. Ability to quickly learn and understand the buyer persona, industry, use case and business challenges for the market segment and product you are assigned to
- Excellent phone presence and interpersonal skills
- At ease interacting with Directors, VPs, and C-level prospects
- Proven follow-up and time management skills
- Results oriented, capable of bringing prospects to the next step in the sales process
- Experience with the security industry or technology is a big plus, but not required.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and SalesLoft is a plus
Who You Are
- Energized by outbound prospecting
- Agile learners who are creative in their approach and undaunted when they need to pivot
- Exceptional time management skills with laser focus on the activities that are of highest value
- Eager to learn world class sales practices and advance their career; open to coaching and feedback
- Driven to create lasting relationships with customers and know how to align business challenges with our solutions
- Transparent, humble, and hungry to collaborate with their team
Additional Benefits of Working at Red Canary
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums.
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness, phone & internet, and discretionary stipends
Benefits at Red Canary
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security.
For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.