Director, Detection Engineering
Customer Security Operations – Customer Security Operations /
Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
Red Canary’s Customer Security Operations is a 24/7 Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) focused on tracking down threats in endpoint data to deliver fast, detailed, and actionable detections for our customers.
As the Director of Detection Engineering, you will set a high cadence for detection operations while maintaining focus on strategic goals and long-term growth. Under your guidance, Detection Engineering will improve scalability through automation that amplifies human decisions while delivering concise and actionable detections to our customers. Your team will be seen as one of the highest quality, most advanced, and most transparent security operations teams in the industry.
What You’ll Do
- Operate as part of the Red Canary extended leadership team to understand business priorities, contribute to strategic direction, and align operational efforts to larger business goals
- Engage directly with internal stakeholders and customers to build relationships, own outcomes, and serve as an escalation point ensuring the customer voice is heard and quality scales with the business
- Maintain and grow confidence and trust in Red Canary’s product offerings through operational and security excellence
- Cultivate relationships with members of Detection Engineering that facilitate personal and professional growth and self-direction through accountability and measurable action
- Identify, prioritize, and assist with implementation of process and technology improvements in partnership with leadership, customer-facing, engineering, and operational teams
- Advocate for your team by celebrating wins and communicating progress using actionable metrics while continually analyzing failings for improvement
What You'll Bring
- You are an operational leader with demonstrated technical and management experience.
- You are passionate about solving complex challenges through strategic initiatives.
- You understand that success in an ever changing threat landscape depends on strong people, processes, and technology.
- With the ultimate goal of providing better security outcomes for our customers in mind, you routinely analyze the business, plan for scale and increased quality, and focus your team’s efforts on aligned objectives to benefit our customers’ security efforts.
- You share in your team’s work to understand the challenges, inefficiencies, and opportunities for improvement.
- You have the experience to mentor and grow leaders and managers and provide education and guidance to team members.
- As a strong customer advocate, you have the humility to own shortcomings, address issues promptly and transparently, and change course when necessary.
Targeted base salary range: $150,000- $180,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.