Detection Engineer, Incident Response Engagements
Customer Security Operations – Incident Response Engagement /
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Incident Response Engagements Team extends Red Canary’s charge of making security better for every business to consulting organizations; where we augment our partners’ capabilities using a unique combination of operations, threat research, and engineering to deliver more effective engagements.
Why You Matter
You are the front line response focused on disrupting cyber adversaries. You and the rest of the Red Canary Incident Response Engagements team will be working alongside our consulting partners during active breaches to identify and investigate threats in endpoint telemetry. Your involvement in our operations directly impacts our team's success in restoring business function to global organizations.
Being a part of Red Canary also means being critical about improvement. Your voice has weight on our team, and will be used to challenge and refine our investigative workflows, detection engine, and ability to deliver security outcomes.
What You'll Do
- Leverage our detection platform, endpoint data, and external resources to uncover threats and tell the story of what occurred in incident response environments
- Enhance our organization’s detection capabilities, investigative processes, and overall platform through active contribution
- Work directly with our consulting partners to provide the best security outcomes to end customers
- Embrace a nimble and transparent company environment to grow your skills
- Challenge the bounds of our security vision and develop our growing program
- 2+ years of experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or in Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR)
- Extensive experience using endpoint process telemetry to investigate active compromise
- Stellar technical communication skills
- Flexibility for new challenges as part of a rapidly evolving team
- Strong understanding of Windows forensic artifacts
- Working knowledge of Ruby, Python, or Golang
Benefits at Red Canary
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security.
For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.