Application Security Engineer
Trust – Product Security /
Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
Delivering excellent, secure software is paramount to Red Canary's mission! Some of the best security teams in the world depend on our software to protect their organizations, and in turn we expect the highest standards of security for our platform.
Our Application Security Engineers collaborate across product teams to mature our application security program and ensure secure outcomes for software development at scale. Under your guidance, the Red Canary application security model will be viewed as the standard by which all other security providers are measured. The program you will join enables rapid development of our product features for our customers, by providing repeatable secure patterns and seamless guardrails.
What You'll Do
- Detect, articulate, and mitigate risks in our runtime applications, including collaborating with our Engineering teams on remediating AppSec vulnerabilities
- Embed with the product teams and attend regular stand-ups and planning meetings to build positive relationships with key partners
- Design and deploy AppSec tools embedded in CI/CD that reduce our attack surface and improve our security posture
- Serve as the security authority, ensuring controls are working as designed, that security requirements are provided to the team before coding begins, and that vulnerabilities are being fixed within their SLAs
- Engage in application and domain-specific threat modeling, and attack surface analysis and reduction
What You'll Bring
- Experience in web application frameworks and standards (ex. OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25, etc.)
- Familiarity with automated application security tools and technologies (SAST, DAST, SCA etc.)
- Understanding and experience with securing public cloud deployments, including AWS and/or Azure, and serverless architecture
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and processes, such as GitHub, Travis CI, CircleCI, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication, and the ability to explain sophisticated security topics in simple terms
- Industry certifications are a plus, including OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, CISSP, Security+, etc.
Targeted base salary range: $100,000 - $130,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.