Incident Handler (Remote)
Denver, CO /
Product – Customer Security Operations /
Why You Matter
The Incident Handling Team is the security operations face of Red Canary. We are the customer’s unique ally in helping secure their organization. As the customer-facing role and voice of Red Canary’s day-to-day interaction with our customer, we play a myriad of roles, depending on our customer. We are primary incident managers, independent strategic consultants that help move security programs forward, threat hunters, and malware researchers.
People can only act based on what they know. If our customers only understand part of their security posture, they can’t make the best decisions. You will help the customer understand the full scope of information available to them and make informed decisions about their environment. You will partner with the customer as an extension of their security team to help them to understand and mature their overall security program. If a customer experiences an incident, you will work to help by taking ownership of the customer's success and providing any resources they need to remediate and recover.
Why Red Canary
Red Canary is a security operations partner for modern businesses, deployed in minutes. We empower security teams to quickly identify and shut down attacks that have bypassed traditional security technology—all at a fraction of the cost of building out their internal teams and architecture.
What You'll Do
- Serve on a team who partners with customers, helping them understand the full scope of information available and make informed decisions about their security program
- Tailor communication to the customer’s level of expertise, providing education and information to help them understand the bigger picture and make educated decisions
- Advocate for the customer’s well-being, provide expert security advice, and rally internal Red Canary resources for the benefit of the customer
- Develop knowledge and experience to ask the right questions to customers and provide advice to advance the maturity of their security program
- Identify, scope, and manage ongoing customer incidents, develop remediation plans, and augment the customer’s security gaps with the necessary skills and resources to improve their security
- Immerse yourself in the customer’s environment enough to immediately recognize evidence of potential threats
- Augment the automated detection of Red Canary’s technical stack with manual hunting, to identify anomalous behaviors within customer environments, and use your hunting results to drive innovation of Red Canary’s detection capabilities
Who You Are
- Someone who understands the fundamentals of applied computer security and incident response practices.
- Has the capacity to learn and master Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) products.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands enterprise technology and security operations.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or similar
- Experience with Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) tools
- Experience working within high pressure environment or directly with customers
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Flexible time off and leave benefits
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness and phone discretionary stipends
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.