Senior Intelligence Engineer
Operations – Intelligence /
Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The quickly-growing Intelligence Team strives to be the industry leader in operational threat intelligence produced to enable Red Canary, our customers, and the community to make better decisions. We work to make the intelligence we share actionable and impactful for detection and response as we continue to push the boundaries in close cooperation with security operations, threat research, and engineering.
Organizations face many threats and the threat landscape is constantly changing. The Red Canary Intelligence Team conducts in-depth analysis to provide context and help prioritize where to focus detection and response efforts. You will play an integral part in helping the team build tools and optimize efficiency to meet these goals.
What You'll Do
- Write code and engineer solutions to support existing Intelligence Team processes and tools.
- Identify pain points and requirements for the Intelligence Team that could be solved with software and automation. Actively engage with team members to help identify problems and possible solutions.
- Suggest new methods, processes, and tools that the team could adopt to help us achieve our mission and improve our workflows.
- Assist Intelligence Analysts and Malware Analysts with understanding Red Canary architecture and coding practices to help them refine requirements and feature requests.
- Develop detailed requirement documentation and project plans for implementation of solutions. Manage projects from design through implementation.
- Create mockups, prototypes, and production tools to address Intelligence Team requirements and workflows.
- Work across departments, including Engineering and Product Management, to prioritize, deconflict, and assign projects and feature requests.
- Serve as a mentor and teacher to those wanting to learn more about engineering and software development.
What You'll Bring
- Desire to write code and take ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and languages.
- A preparedness for new challenges as part of a rapidly evolving team and fast growing company.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement (both technical and organizational) and develop potential solutions with minimal supervision.
- Experience with data integration, including extract, transform, and load.
- Experience working in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Ruby, Rails, RSpec, Sidekiq, and other libraries, preferred.
- Experience developing, maintaining, or integrating with threat intelligence platforms, preferred.
- An understanding of endpoint telemetry and adversary behaviors, preferred.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR), or other security focused roles, preferred.
Targeted base salary range: $145,000 - $170,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.