Operations – Detection Engineering /
Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) continues to push the boundaries of threat detection and response with a unique combination of operations, threat research, and engineering in tight integration with the development team that designs our analysis platform and the Red Canary Threat Detection Engineer.
The security landscape is always shifting and introducing new adversaries. The Red Canary CIRT operates 24/7 to track down threats in endpoint data and deliver fast and actionable detections to our customers.
This is not a role where you are encouraged to passively accept current state. At Red Canary, you are empowered to actively look for opportunities to automate repetitive and tedious tasks. We let the automation framework handle the mundane tasks, so that you can remain focused on solving complex and critical problems for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Leverage Red Canary’s detection platform, endpoint data, and external resources to uncover threats and tell the story of what occurred in a customer environment
- Build new detection capabilities into the Red Canary platform based on your research of new attack techniques
- Improve the CIRT workflow through automation
- Actively engage with the CIRT team to challenge the status quo for detecting adversarial behavior
What You'll Bring
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, operational environment and successfully prioritize important tasks
- Deep interest in identifying known and unknown threats in the ever-changing landscape
- Experience working with endpoint telemetry/EDR security products preferred
- Technical proficiencies across Windows, Linux, and MacOS preferred
- Experience working with programming languages such as Ruby, Python or Rails preferred
Targeted base salary range: $100,000 - $130,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.