We’ve built a platform that hosts tens of thousands of unique communities, where millions of people share content and engage in conversations every day, and 200+ million actives use every month. Reddit is now the 9th most trafficked site in the USA, and our founders, Steve Huffman (CEO) and Alexis Ohanian, have returned to lead the company. We're a small, rapidly-growing, motivated, and close-knit team (around 70 people, and six in the New York office), that values collaboration, creativity, and always learning. We want to build a workplace we love coming to every day and product that furthers the positive impact of our communities (redditors have donated nearly $1.8 million to various causes over the years).
If our mission resonates with you, you’re interested in being part of a small, collaborative team (with one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, users-to-engineer ratios), and want to help Reddit realize its full potential, then join us!
Reddit is building its first Android app! We’re looking for passionate android developers to help us enrich the Reddit experience via mobile and allow more people in the world to discover and share with their communities.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing our first Android app, which is expected to be used by hundreds of millions of people.
- Building a sustainable and stable platform for new product ideas to flourish.
- Communicating with our active community about features and bugs.
- Working closely with product and design to continually improve the user experience.
Who we’re looking for
- A developer who is passionate about building great products.
- You’re excited about building clean well-tested code.
- You love working closely with product managers and other engineers to make an app that’s a delight to use.
Nice to Have Experience
- Have built at least one amazing Android app with a team from start to shipment.
As an employee of Reddit, you will receive a competitive salary and equity, and our standard benefits package which includes unlimited vacation days (with use-it-or-lose-it stipend. Seriously, take a vacation!), medical, dental, vision, and a 401k. We also provide free breakfast, free lunch, and pay for things like gym, four-months parental leave, child care, commute, and your mobile phone bill. Most importantly, you'll get a custom Reddit alien drawn when you start (aka Snoo).