Senior Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert
National Security – National Security /
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse is seeking a Sr. Cybersecurity SME to support GISA in Wiesbaden, GE. The successful candidate will have experience working as an ISSO on large Department of Defense contracts and leading a team of other cyber security professionals in support of project and client goals and objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for this position include:
- Perform the duties of an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) as defined in AR 25-2, DA 25-2-14, and the NIST SP 800-53 security controls when the organizationally-defined personnel includes the ISSO.
- Actively manages the organization’s eMASS records which includes but is not limited to:
- Validates security controls including associated artifacts.
- Assesses security scan results and STIGs as required.
- Performs POA&M updates, tracking, and resolution.
- Leads the continuous monitoring activities of the organization.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and the professional development of the Cybersecurity Analysts.
- Collaborates with the O-ISSM on all assessment and authorization activities to ensure the information systems maintain an authority to operate (ATO) on all applicable DoD/IC networks.
- Maintain up-to-date status on all assigned systems and communicate status to the Government leads.
- Maintain complete records of communications, submit written status reports as required, perform peer-review as directed, and attend weekly meetings.
- Correspond with the Government customer and system administrators to communicate any unacceptable risks identified and correct deficient POA&M items to meet DoD and IC standards.
- Coordinate with the Security Control Assessor (SCA) to perform analysis of the overall risk level the system poses to enterprise networks and to mission data.
- Create and maintain cybersecurity policies and standards.
- Ensure that cybersecurity plans, controls, processes, standards, policies, and procedures are aligned with cybersecurity standards.
- Provides guidance in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating - Procedures (SOPs); Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs); and other similar documentation.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, and Credentials include:
- PhD in an area of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics with at least 8 years’ experience as a cybersecurity professional OR a Master's degree in an area of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics with at least 10 years’ experience as a cybersecurity professional OR a Bachelor’s degree in an area of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics with at least 12 years’ experience as a cybersecurity professional
- Active TS security clearance and eligible for SCI and NATO read-on prior to starting work.
- Meet the DoD requirements for a privileged user on a TS/SCI information system prior to starting work - DoD 8140 / 8570.01-m requirements
- 15 years’ experience with the assessment and accreditation activities of national security systems (NSSs).
- 10 years’ experience validating system security controls.
- 10 years’ experience with vulnerability management.
- 10 years’ experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), DISA Security Requirements Guide (SRG), and vendor-specific security guides.
- 8 years’ experience with RMF and eMASS.
- 5 years’ experience with POA&M tracking and resolution.
- 3 years’ experience performing the continuous monitoring of system security controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Talent Acquisition at Talent_Acquisition@redhorsecorp.com
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.