Legislative Affairs Specialist
Federal Enterprise Services – Federal Civilian /
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation has an opening for a Legislative Affairs Specialist on a task with the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE). The ideal candidate should have extensive working knowledge of the concepts for evaluating, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing programmatic support and control systems, and functional organizations.
Primary Responsibilities for the Legislative Affairs Specialist include:
- Provide, on a quick-turnaround basis, objective analysis, both quantitative and qualitative, on a wide variety of legislative, regulatory, stakeholder, and programmatic issues
- Track and report the progress of legislative bills and initiatives
- Coordinate the development of policy-oriented and legislative materials, including briefings, PowerPoint decks, memos, and other materials
- Monitor and report on federal and state legislative initiatives, new and emerging technologies, and a wide range of potential and real issues and policies impacting the EERE technology offices and programs
- Prepare briefing materials and prepare DOE senior management for briefings to Congress, including committees, individual members, and staff. Due dates, format and content of briefing materials is to be mutually agreed to between the contractor and government
- Support preparation of budget briefings in conjunction with the Congressional budget cycle to audiences including DOE leadership
- Handle multiple projects at the same time
Basic Requirements for Experience, Skills, Education, and Credentials include:
- B.S. or B.A. in Business Management, Public Policy, Public Affairs, Political Economy, Political Science, Sociology, Economics, Engineering, Science, or other appropriate discipline plus 6 years of Hill/Senate/House experience. Master’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Effective oral and written communication and conflict resolution skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Talent Acquisition at Talent_Acquisition@redhorsecorp.com
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.