Graph Data Engineer - Level III
National Security – National Security /
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation is expanding our world-class knowledge graphs team to support a high-priority analytics project. The Graph Data Engineer – Level III will serve as the senior data engineer on a cross-functional engineering team to quickly establish and continuously improve a knowledge graph-enabled analytics platform to support a focused analytic mission. The data engineer will enable the ETL of multiple terabyte-sized commercial and open-source data sources into a graph-based architecture to support human analysis, applied data science, and graph-based machine learning use cases. The Data Engineer will work on an interdisciplinary team serving as the lead data custodian, responsible for provenance, accuracy, storage, and availability throughout project execution, building and maintaining ETL pipelines to support a variety of applications.
The work location for this position is in the National Capital Region (NCR) with the possibility of up 25% local travel. Our mission is to change the way government interacts with and uses data and technology. Our purpose is to help government better serve its citizens. Redhorse Corporation offers a proven approach to mission-focused innovation. Design thinking helps us understand customer problems and develop better ways to solve them. Lean Startup lets us turn those ideas into business models that work, quickly and for the least cost. Our world-class engineers and data scientists bring the value from data, and Agile helps us deliver solutions quickly and incrementally, building exactly what is needed, as fast as possible. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what’s right, what’s smart, and what works.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for this position include:
- Support the configuration and ingest of designated structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data repositories via traditional and ML-enabled data ingest pipelines into graph data structures that satisfy user requirements to drive rapid and iterative delivery of functionality to human analysts, data scientists, and machine learning engineers.
- Maintain all operational aspects of data transfers while accounting for the security posture of the underlying infrastructure and the systems and applications that are supported and monitoring the health of the environment through a variety of health tracking capabilities.
- Automate configuration management, leverage tools, and stay current on data extract, transfer, and load (ETL) technologies and services.
- Work under general guidance, demonstrate an initiative to develop approaches to solutions independently, review architecture, and identify areas for automation, optimization, right-sizing, and cost reduction to support the overall health of the environment.
- Apply comprehension of data engineering-specific technologies and services, leverage expertise in databases and a variety of approaches to structuring and retrieving of data, comprehend Cloud architectural constructs, and support the establishment and maintenance of Cloud environments programmatically using vendor consoles.
- Engage with multiple functional groups to comprehend client challenges, prototype new ideas and new technologies, help to create solutions to drive the next wave of innovation, and design, implement, schedule, test, and deploy full features and components of solutions.
- Mentor and develop junior data engineers and other team members.
- Identify and implement scalable, secure and efficient coding solutions.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- US citizen with a Secret US government clearance. Applicants who are not US Citizens and who do not have a current and active Secret security clearance will not be considered for this role. (TS/SCI clearance, preferred)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- A range of 6-10 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrable expertise in graph database administration, ontologies and graph schemas, graph architecture, the development of graph-based applications, graph analytics, and graph ML.
- Hands-on experience with graph technologies and tools such as: Neo4j (required), Cypher (required), GraphAware Hume (preferred), Apache Giraph, TigerGraph, Gephi, Graphistry, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development practices and tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, and/or GitLab
- Experience designing and delivering software solutions in AWS cloud environments
- Experience leading Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs) for technical approaches, tools, or technologies
- Familiarity with containerization tools and techniques, container orchestration, and workflow management, to include technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, or Terraform is preferred
- Familiarity with natural processing language (NLP) models or ML model building
- Experience with two or more coding languages, including Python.
- Experience delivering software or technical solutions to the Intelligence Community is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Talent Acquisition at Talent_Acquisition@redhorsecorp.com
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.