Information Security/Declassification Subject Matter Expert - Level II
Arlington, VA /
National Security /
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation is seeking an Information Security/Declassification Subject Matter Expert (SME) Level II to support the Counterintelligence, Law Enforcement and Security (CL&S) Directorate within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security (OUSD(I&S)). The ideal candidate will have action officer-level, policy-related experience in the Office of Secretary of Defense, on the Joint Staff, or within a Service Headquarters environment, experience with the Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS) or similar task-management software, a background in declassification, familiarity with DoD records management, and be able to collaborate routinely with stakeholder organizations. The work location for this position is the Pentagon.
Specific Duties include the following:
- Support the development and implementation of national and DoD policy, guidance, and training on Classification and declassification management.
- Facilitate and oversee the conduct of security reviews; assess, and recommend security procedures or modifications to classification and declassification guidance.
- Establish relationships and collaborate routinely with OSD and DoD Component declassification entities, DoD Chief Information Officer (CIO) and WHS records management policy offices, Joint Staff, and Combatant Commands Information Security staff, and other federal entities to ensure coordination on declassification actions; and integration and implementation of Federal and DoD Information Security policies.
Minimum Requirements for Skills, Experience, and Credentials include:
- An active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience and accompanying knowledge of national and DoD and information security policies and procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of national level information security related issues affecting DoD and non-DoD entities.
- 4 years of experience as a staff action officer within the Office of Secretary of Defense, at the Joint Staff or at a Service Headquarters is preferred.
- Expertise in policy development; drafting, formatting, tracking, staffing, reviewing and reconciling inputs to DoD Directive(s), Instruction(s), Manual(s), and other publications; and reviewing other policy documents for information security equities.
- Experience in developing, updating, and coordinating policy and developing action memos, congressional responses, briefing materials, background research, oversight visits, and participate in inter-agency and intra-agency meetings.
- Experience working in an unstructured operating environment.
Executive Order Requirement:
While currently on HOLD, Redhorse recognizes that we may need to comply with Executive Order 14042 which requires Federal Contractors to ensure all U.S. new hires be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. As required by the Executive Order, Redhorse will work in coordination with applicable contract agencies to consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.