Smart Meter Energy Network Engineer
Federal Enterprise Services – Energy & Environmental /
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation is seeking a Smart Meter Energy Network Engineer to support the United States General Services Administration's (GSA) Advanced Metering System which includes 500 federal buildings and 2,500 meters across the US. The role of the Smart Meter Energy Network Engineer is to ensure the Advanced Metering System is fully operational, reporting accurately and to use metering system data to improve facility energy performance in pursuit of green energy goals. Responsibilities will include technical support throughout the U.S. to troubleshoot metering system hardware and network problems in GSA facilities; coordinating network configuration and repair with GSA IT; developing scopes of work and construction management to repair meters and data networks; GSA customer support related to meter system issues.
The Smart Meter Energy Network Engineer will augment existing customer capabilities, work in a team framework, and be an advocate to facilitate energy and cost savings.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent related education and/or professional work experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional work experience with smart meter network systems, engineering project management, project scope development, construction management, or other related fields is required.
- IP networking certifications or equivalent related professional experience is required.
- Knowledge of IT data systems and networks: WAN, MAN, LAN architectures; remote server management, and IP v4 networking is required.
- Knowledge of Energy Management Systems such as SE/PME, Honeywell JACE, or similar.
- Well-developed professional communication and technical report writing skills are required.
- Working knowledge of standard office computer software, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Talent Acquisition at Talent_Acquisition@redhorsecorp.com
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.