Program Analyst II - Wind Energy Technologies Office (WETO)
Federal Enterprise Services – Federal Civilian /
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation has an opening for a Program Analyst II position on a task with the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE). The ideal candidate should have extensive working knowledge of the concepts for evaluating, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing programmatic support and control systems, and functional organizations.
Supporting the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), Wind Energy Technologies Office’s (WETO) Siting and Deployment team, the ideal candidate will support WETO’s strategic investments to address deployment barriers by advancing environmentally sustainable, just, and equitable wind energy development. The position requires a high level of organization, subject matter expertise, strong attention to detail, and professional and proficient communication. We are seeking motivated and organized self-starter with environmental and/or social science experience and strong writing skills who is capable of multitasking with minimal direction or oversight.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with administering WETO’s environmental, community engagement, and/or social science research programs;
- Reviewing deliverables from DOE’s National Laboratories as necessary to ensure accomplishment of objectives, timeliness, and acceptability;
- Supporting WETO Program Managers in the development, execution, and oversight of research funding solicitations and awards;
- Serving as an analyst and/or advisor to senior program officials overseeing office-wide implementation of DOE’s Offshore Wind Strategy and Land-based Deployment Plan;
- Working to build and foster relationships with various stakeholders engaged in environmentally sustainable, just, and equitable wind energy development including but not limited to academia, industry representatives, non-governmental agencies as well as federal and state agencies;
- Drafting memos and talking points for WETO, EERE, and DOE leadership on key topics and strategies.
Basic Requirements for Experience, Skills, Education, and Credentials include:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: Five (5) years of related experience; Master’s Degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience
- Environmental, Energy or Wind Energy experience preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Have good analytical skills to effectively review information
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Effective oral and written communication and conflict resolution skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Talent Acquisition at Talent_Acquisition@redhorsecorp.com
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.