Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) - Level III
Federal Enterprise Services – Energy & Environmental /
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation has an immediate need for a REM III to work towards accomplishing energy goals for Joint Base Meyer-Henderson Hall, Detrick, and Fort Walker by helping to establish and support all efficiency and resilience initiatives, including analyzing utility data; conducting audits; helping to update Installation Energy & Water Plans (IEWP), annual energy reports and other taskers as needed; identifying and implementing energy projects; providing guidance on energy project funding mechanisms such as Energy Resilience and Conservation Investment Program (ERCIP), Utility Energy Service Contracts (UESC), Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC), and other sources; and providing guidance on measurement and verification protocols. In addition, REM support services shall provide knowledge about Executive Orders and other energy policies; and assist with awareness and behavioral change efforts to optimize the use of utility resources, including but not limited to natural gas, electricity, coal, water and wastewater.
This position is based at JBM-Henderson Hall and supports Detrick and Fort Walker as well. Travel to Detrick and Fort Walker is required monthly and/or as needed.
Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 5 years of experience OR degree in related field and 10 years of energy experience, or equivalent combination
- Proven performance in military engineering and/or energy management
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification is required or should be obtained with first year of employment
- Experience with energy auditing, project development, life-cycle cost analysis, and building/facility operations
- Understanding of project programming, funding, and implementation at Department of Defense installations
- Experience supporting the development and implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy project using alternative financing mechanisms, including ESPC, and UESCs
- Must have expert system experience in Excel, Power Point, Word, Adobe, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organization and project management skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills coupled with strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, driven and able to work with limited direction under target timelines
- Collaborative personality enjoys and able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Adaptability and comfort working in a fast-paced and sometimes unstructured environment
- Ability to analyze data, make decisions and solve problems daily is required
Additional Preferred Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials
- Documented ability to achieve substantial energy and maintenance savings in facility management
- Demonstrated ability to develop an energy and maintenance baseline
- Professional Engineering (PE), LEED Accredited Professional (AP), Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) desirable
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk through areas with industrial equipment and processes.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a periodic basis, bend, stand, climb, and walk.
- Must be able to work safely in moderate noisy environment.
- Must have a valid State-issued driver’s license; candidate may be required to operate personal vehicle and must have Auto insurance coverage of at least $100k liability
- REM will attend initial REM training and an annual REM workshop in Huntsville, AL and will attend one energy conference per year, typically Energy Exchange
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Talent Acquisition at Talent_Acquisition@redhorsecorp.com
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.