Digital Design / FPGA Engineer
SF Bay Area /
Red Leader is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
👀 Who We're Looking For
We are seeking a Digital Design Engineer to lead our efforts in the design, implementation, and analysis of the digital systems architecture that underlie our unique sensing algorithms. This role presents the unique opportunity to help bring novel mathematics and signals processing techniques into state-of-the-art silicon. Your first year at Red Leader will involve implementing high throughput data processing on RF-integrated heterogeneous SoCs, translating data and user requirements into FPGA designs, and working with our Hardware and Embedded Software teams to address issues across multiple technical domains. This role offers high autonomy and high responsibility - you will be expected to make systems-level decisions as we roll out our first product.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about pushing silicon to its limits and exploring novel digital architectures with deep experience in FPGA development and computer architecture with a strong background in electrical or computer engineering. They see joining our team as an early engineer as a leap that will accelerate growth in their career by entrusting them with a high degree of autonomy, responsibility, and visibility.
To excel in this role, you will have worked on heterogeneous compute platforms in the past (FPGAs + SoCs) and their toolchains. You should be comfortable with implementing ideas into HDL, building verification infrastructure, and communicating architectural concepts and tradeoffs with teammates.
- Design, implementation, and analysis of digital circuits on FPGAs
- Proposing and prototyping digital architectures
- Communicating technical ideas via presentations and documentation
- Analysis and improvement of timing, power, and resource utilization in digital circuits
- Support hardware engineers with hardware bring-up, debugging, and testing
- Support firmware engineers with data ingestion and processing
- Maintain comprehensive architecture & design documentation
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience
- Strong foundations in digital electronics and FPGA / SoC development
- Deep experience with (and intricate knowledge of) Verilog or other Hardware Description Languages
- Experience with C
- Knowledge of computer architecture and on-chip interfaces
- Familiarity with Xilinx development environment
- Familiarity with basic electronics and test equipment
- Familiarity with formal methods and verification
- Familiarity with ASIC design flow
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401(k) w/ Employer Matching
- Employee-Friendly Stock Grants
- Generous (but intentionally not unlimited!) PTO
👋 About Us
Red Leader is an advanced 3D vision company building the world’s highest performance 3D sensors. 3D sensing will be responsible for over $100B of value creation over the next decade in major markets including robotics & automation, metaverse, smart infrastructure, and medical imaging. And Red Leader’s computing platform can power it all. Founders Jake and Rebecca met as electrical engineering students at Stanford and have recruited a top team from Apple, Google X, and SpaceX along with over $12M in venture funding.
We're looking for new team members with strong technical execution chops and a commitment to learning whatever skills are needed to get the job done. We run a people-first company and need someone who will be equally committed to a culture of care, excellence, and growth. We aim to compensate competitively, offer generous benefits, and invest in personal and professional development for everyone we bring into the Red Leader team.