Web Developer - NW Suburbs of Chicago
Marketing & Development
We are building a fast-paced marketing and media team with people who will bring positive change and enormous growth to a faith-based organization. We are looking for a passionate team player for our Web Developer role.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Cooperate with designers to match visual design intent
- Creating website layout/user interfaces/landing pages/nurture campaigns by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Understanding of Pardot, WooCommerce, Shopify is helpful
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- BS in computer science or a related field
- Be supportive of the organizations vision, mission, values and statement of faith.
- Be able to convey the vision to staff, volunteers, and peers.
- Must be transparent, genuine and honest with proven leadership skills.
Willing to begin with 90-day contract (on premises).