Data Scientist - Athens
Data & Analytics
Libraries and scholarly publishers organize, disseminate and preserve the world’s knowledge. RedLink is a Silicon Valley startup with the mission of helping the industry gain an in-depth understanding of the complex scholarly ecosystem as it constantly evolves. To fulfill this mission, we continuously collect and analyze massive, diverse data sets using cutting-edge technologies. We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic data scientist to join our global team and have a strong impact to our growing portfolio of innovative products.
- Analyze and make sense of large and complex datasets from multiple sources.
- Apply advanced data science techniques to solve challenging practical problems, mainly in the following areas:
- Leverage advanced machine learning algorithms and mechanisms to design and develop production-grade end-to-end data products from data extraction to concrete outputs.
a) Information extraction from semi-structured and unstructured sources
b) Recommender systems
c) Data matching and entity resolution
Things we're looking for
- MSc or (preferably) PhD in Computer Science, Math or Statistics.
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- Solid background and research track record in Machine Learning.
- Capacity for developing production quality software (preferably with Java).
- Experience with distributed scalable big data and machine learning frameworks (Spark, MLlib, Mahout or equivalent).
- Practical experience in applying machine learning techniques for a) information extraction from semi-structured and unstructured sources b) recommender systems c) Data matching d) entity resolution d) data integration
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL data stores (MongoDB, Elastic Search, Google Cloud Datastore or equivalent) would be a plus.
- You should know your way around Unix/Linux.