DevOps Engineer (Infrastructure)
Engineering – Infrastructure
Redox is an engineering-first company, building the future of healthcare information exchange. We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our DevOps team. In this position, you'll be architecting, building, and maintaining our infrastructure and platform, enabling our developers and engineers to build awesome products that change the future of the healthcare industry.
At Redox, we have a culture of trust, transparency and tireless personal growth.
- Redox is looking for someone who has a high degree of experience in the infrastructure and DevOps world. This role is expected to build and design infrastructure that enables our organization to grow quickly and safely. This will include debugging problems that arise anywhere within the stack including: monitoring software, databases, container orchestration services, load balancing technologies and much more. Additional responsibilities may include informing stakeholders of emerging technologies and industry changes, participating in an on-call rotation, and assisting other engineers in resolving production related issues.
Please Apply If You Are...
- Passionate about solving complex problems and doing good
- Enthusiastic about creating an elegant and delightful user experience
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn
- A good listener who shows respect to your colleagues
- A believer in asking for forgiveness, not permission
- Comfortable with uncertainty and turning complex problems into actionable plans
Required Skills and Experience:
- Detailed knowledge and experience working with Linux operating systems such as: Ubuntu, RedHat, Gentoo or other *nix based operating systems
- A solid understanding of managing SQL databases (Postgres, MySQL)
- Familiarity with at least one high level programming language such as: NodeJS, Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.
- Experience working with monitoring services such as: Nagios, Icinga, Sensu, Graphite, Grafana, InfluxDB, etc.
- Strong familiarity with deploying and managing Kubernetes
- Has worked in AWS or GCP cloud environments
- An understanding of routing technologies and load balancing
- Experience stress testing infrastructure
- A good understanding of VPN technologies both commercial and open source
- Healthcare experience/interest
- We provide benefits that allow you to live life by your own design. Redox employees enjoy unmatched autonomy in their work and the support to live a balanced life. We trust you know what you need to be happy, at work and at home.
- Tackle Challenging Problems Everyday. There is no roadmap for what we are building, so you’ll have the backing and support of talented engineers and security practitioners to make sure you have what you need to be successful.
- Work Anywhere. (Within the US) We want to have the best people at Redox - no matter where you call home. All Redox employees are encouraged to live and work wherever they're happiest. All you need is power, wifi, and a computer and you’re good to go. We also run a number of co-located working spaces across many US cities if you prefer an office environment.
- Flexible Working. Take a trip somewhere fun, stay home to recover from being sick, or have a staycation to unplug and recharge. Our best work happens when we feel fresh and inspired. We leave it up to you to decide when you need to take breaks and encourage you to make time for adventure and discovery.
- Health & Dental from Day 1. Working in healthcare makes you understand all the challenges life can throw at you. Your health and dental coverage starts when you do to make sure you're always covered. We provide health and dental insurance for employees, spouses, domestic partners, and dependents, as well as life and disability insurance.
- Parental Leave. As your family grows, it’s important that you’re there and have time to figure out what your family’s new norm is. You can take 12 weeks of paid time off within the first year of your new addition arriving. We know that they need you and we have your back.
- Productivity Fund. We want you to be able to set up a workspace that allows you to perform at your very best. All Redox employees receive an annual discretionary stipend so you can select what helps you be productive.
- 401k. We offer an optional, customizable and flexible 401k plan for you to plan for your financial future on your terms.
Healthcare is a 3.5 trillion-dollar industry in the US alone. Sadly, healthcare has been a laggard in realizing the benefits of technology and is overripe for disruption. A primary roadblock that is inhibiting innovation is an inability to integrate innovative software applications with a hospital’s Electronic Health Records system (EHR). Redox solves this foundational problem by providing an elegant, cost-effective, secure and highly-scalable platform that eliminates these technical barriers.
Since Redox’s founding in 2014, thousands of healthcare developers have built on Redox’s API platform and Health Systems are using the Redox platform to do everything from turning on new cloud-based applications to exchanging data with affiliated facilities. Redox has connected hundreds of applications at Health Systems across the country, with robust capabilities for integrating into 30+ EHRs including Epic, Cerner, McKesson, AllScripts, and Athena.