Product Delivery – Integration Engineers
Integration Engineers provide the technical backbone for all of our integrations. Our job is not only to delight our customers, but ensure we maintain a toolbox full of robust, reusable tools to quickly and easily solve the toughest integrations. We wear different hats - developer, problem solver, quarterback - to ensure Redox can provide an agile, scalable solution to our customers.If you enjoy variety, solving for the root cause, and the sense of accomplishment that comes from solving ambiguous and challenging problems, then we want you as part of the team!
- Act as a technical partner and adviser for the implementation team
- Understand integration capabilities within the healthcare IT landscape to be able to design, develop, and deploy sustainable and scalable solutions
- Define, document and promote best practices for implementing and supporting our customers
- Understand, analyze and implement opportunities for process improvement
- Design and develop (code) business layer logic for our integrations
- Communicate, document, and track development requests with the appropriate product owner
- Provide ongoing support for our live customers; quarterback efforts with other Redox and customer teams to implement root cause solutions timely and effectively
Skills and Experience Required
- Passion for solving complex problems quickly and creatively
- Excited about working in a constantly changing ecosystem
- Comfortable with uncertainty and turning complex problems into actionable plans
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to both learn and teach
- Patient, agile, and able to grow with an expanding team and company
- Eye for scalability; provide solutions that scale across our network
- 1-3+ years of experience in a healthcare integration technical customer service role
- Able to learn and understand new technical concepts quickly
- Experience educating both technical and non-technical audiences on complex topics
- Able to think and problem solve on your feet
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Have a working understanding of APIs and web service protocols
- Strong experience with traditional and modern data formats such as: HL7v2, C-CDA (CCD, QRDA, etc.), JSON, XML, etc.
- Basic knowledge of networking and VPN concepts
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL queries
- We provide benefits that allow you to live life by your own design. Redox employees enjoy unmatched autonomy in their work and the support to live a balanced life. We trust you know what you need to be happy, at work and at home.
- Tackle Challenging Problems Everyday. There is no roadmap for what we are building, so you’ll have the backing and support of talented engineers and security practitioners to make sure you have what you need to be successful.
- Work Anywhere. (Within the US) We want to have the best people at Redox - no matter where you call home. All Redox employees are encouraged to live and work wherever they're happiest. All you need is power, wifi, and a computer and you’re good to go. We also run a number of co-located working spaces across many US cities if you prefer an office environment.
- Flexible Working. Take a trip somewhere fun, stay home to recover from being sick, or have a staycation to unplug and recharge. Our best work happens when we feel fresh and inspired. We leave it up to you to decide when you need to take breaks and encourage you to make time for adventure and discovery.
- Health & Dental from Day 1. Working in healthcare makes you understand all the challenges life can throw at you. Your health and dental coverage starts when you do to make sure you're always covered. We provide health and dental insurance for employees, spouses, domestic partners, and dependents, as well as life and disability insurance.
- Parental Leave. As your family grows, it’s important that you’re there and have time to figure out what your family’s new norm is. You can take 12 weeks of paid time off within the first year of your new addition arriving. We know that they need you and we have your back.
- Productivity Fund. We want you to be able to set up a workspace that allows you to perform at your very best. All Redox employees receive an annual discretionary stipend so you can select what helps you be productive.
- 401k. We offer an optional, customizable and flexible 401k plan for you to plan for your financial future on your terms.
Healthcare is a 3.5 trillion-dollar industry in the US alone. Sadly, healthcare has been a laggard in realizing the benefits of technology and is overripe for disruption. A primary roadblock that is inhibiting innovation is an inability to integrate innovative software applications with a hospital’s Electronic Health Records system (EHR). Redox solves this foundational problem by providing an elegant, cost-effective, secure and highly-scalable platform that eliminates these technical barriers.
Since Redox’s founding in 2014, thousands of healthcare developers have built on Redox’s API platform and Health Systems are using the Redox platform to do everything from turning on new cloud-based applications to exchanging data with affiliated facilities. Redox has connected hundreds of applications at Health Systems across the country, with robust capabilities for integrating into 30+ EHRs including Epic, Cerner, McKesson, AllScripts, and Athena.