Operations and Finance – Operations /
Redox is on a mission to reduce the friction of technology in healthcare by making health data more accessible through modern web technologies. Through our standardized healthcare data API, we process and transmit more than half a billion records a month (and growing). We are looking for a talented data professional to help us make the best use of the full breadth of our data.
As an Analytics Engineer, you’ll be primarily responsible for the development and evolution of our analytics infrastructure, namely our data ingestion, warehousing, transformation, and analysis.
What you'll do:
- Manage Redox’s analytics infrastructure: ELT/ETL processes, data warehouse, data orchestration and transformation tools, and business intelligence and presentation layer.
- Build usable and performant data marts ready for analysis and end-user consumption.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand the questions driving the business and distill them into the right data sets.
We're looking for:
- 3+ years with SQL and a cloud data warehouse (such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Experience with data modeling business processes and writing performant SQL transforms in a data warehouse
- ETL/ELT experience, including scripted data pipelines
- “Full Stack” analytics (ingestion, warehousing, transformation, analysis/BI)
- Familiarity with working at the command line
What sets you apart:
- Use of dbt or similar tools for data transformation
- Use of tools such as Airflow, Luigi for data orchestration
- Scripting in languages such as Python or JS
- Familiarity with successful data visualization principles and tools
- Familiarity with AWS Infrastructure such as S3 and Lambdas
- Use of big data technologies such as Hadoop, Presto and Spark
We’re looking for a curious and adaptable data enthusiast who can translate business needs from subject matter experts into usable data models that will drive the organization’s decision-making and growth.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. https://hbr.org/2014/08/why-women-dont-apply-for-jobs-unless-theyre-100-qualified
About Redox - Take a look here: https://youtu.be/4OjENXR6UXA
What We Do
Healthcare organizations and technology vendors connect to Redox once, then authorize what data they send to and receive from partners through a centralized hub. Redox's cloud-based platform is vendor and standards agnostic and enables the secure and efficient exchange of healthcare data.
This approach eradicates the need for point-to-point integrations and accelerates the discovery, adoption, and distribution of patient and provider-facing technology solutions. With hundreds of healthcare organizations and technology vendors exchanging data today, Redox represents the largest interoperable network in healthcare. Learn how you can leverage the Redox platform at www.redoxengine.com.
Other Stuff About Us
Redox is an EEO company. We fully support the diversity of our team! Here's a recent blog post about our stance on diversity and belonging: Diversity at Redox
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Redox, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary EEO survey. This survey is anonymous, we cannot link your application record with your survey responses. - We request that you complete this voluntary survey as we run monthly reports for each team which provides data for diversity in terms of gender and ethnic background in our Applicants, and in our Hired Redoxers. We take this data very seriously, and really appreciate your willingness and time to complete that step in the process.
We believe in holding ourselves to a high standard of conduct. Here's how we think about this: Redox Code of Conduct
Successful candidates must be eligible to be employed in the US, and must reside in the continental US. We do not hire in Alaska or Hawaii at this time.
Thank you for your interest in Redox!