Sr. Infrastructure Engineer, Data Administrator
Engineering – Infrastructure
We at Redox understand that we are all patients at some point, so our mission is to make healthcare data useful and every patient experience better. Our values represent the basis of our culture of trust, transparency, and personal growth, and define how we want to interact with each other and the world.
Redox’s full-service integration platform accelerates the development and distribution of healthcare software solutions by securely and efficiently exchanging healthcare data. With just one connection, data can be transmitted across a growing network of more than 500 healthcare delivery organizations and more than 200 independent software vendors. Members of the Redox Network exchange more than seven million patient records per day, leveraging a single data standard compatible with more than 40 electronic health record systems. We are on a path to double our number of client connections over the next year and need to build infrastructure that scales accordingly.
Redox’s Infrastructure Engineering team builds and manages the AWS cloud platform that provides a safe, reliable, and flexible foundation for Redox’s products and our growing customer base. In production, we run nearly 1000 docker containers, have 20Tb of relational data, 8Tb of ES data, 6Tb of Kafka data, and handle about 400 client-controlled VPN connections. Expertise on the team includes:
- Data technologies: RDS (Postgres, MySQL), Kafka, Redis, ElastiCache, Elasticsearch
- Deployment automation for EC2, S3, RDS, VPCs, IAM, Terraform, CloudFormation, Kubernetes, Rancher, infrastructure as code in Python
- Logging, metrics, monitoring, and alerting: Sumologic, Telegraf, Statsd, InfluxDB, Grafana, Icinga, Pagerduty
- Networking/VPN: LibreSwan, IPtables, Banyan, IPSec
- Linux system tuning and debugging
YOUR OPPORTUNITIES AND IMPACT
As a senior member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that our product engineers are empowered and effective by providing design and debugging expertise, technical leadership and mentorship, and tools for deployment automation. You’ll work closely with members of our Product and Security teams to understand their needs and translate them into well scoped, actionable projects and tasks. In this role, you will:
- Lead from a technical, architectural, and project perspective, shepherding technical decisions from inception to completion.
- Evaluate our existing systems, inform stakeholders of emerging technologies and industry changes, and choose tools and develop software that follow industry best practices.
- Design, implement, and debug robust, secure, scalable, abstracted systems that allow us to scale our systems with the needs of our customers.
- Ensure that our infrastructure deployments are automated, frequent, secure, and without noticeable user impact.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to other team members in your areas of expertise.
- Support the infrastructure for our existing test and production environments and participate in an on-call rotation to assist other engineers in resolving production related issues regarding monitoring, databases, container orchestration services, load balancing, networking, etc.
- Identify and collect metrics that allow us to pinpoint areas for improvement and measure change.
At Redox we hire based on our values as well as technical competency. How you accomplish your work is just as important as getting the work done. We’re looking for people who are:
- Passionate about solving complex problems that improve the state of the world.
- Enthusiastic about creating an elegant and delightful user experience.
- Intellectually curious with a desire to learn.
- Respectful and inclusive, soliciting and incorporating input from others.
- Biased towards action and creating positive impact.
The particular technical focus we’re searching for in this role is around data technology administration. Your work experience should include:
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of various types of data technologies and ability to suggest the correct tool for a specified workload.
- Deploying, managing, and tuning SQL databases (Postgres, MySQL), Redis, Elasticsearch, and Kafka for high load.
- Detailed Linux knowledge and debugging.
- Deploying and managing containers in production commercial cloud environments.
Any other areas of overlap between your work experience and the Infrastructure team’s areas of expertise are added bonuses. Please apply even if you are not sure you meet all these criteria. If you are interested in the role and think you could be a fit, we'd like to hear from you.
What We Do
Healthcare organizations and technology vendors connect to Redox once, then authorize what data they send to and receive from partners through a centralized hub. Redox's cloud-based platform is vendor and standards agnostic and enables the secure and efficient exchange of healthcare data.
This approach eradicates the need for point-to-point integrations and accelerates the discovery, adoption, and distribution of patient and provider-facing technology solutions. With hundreds of healthcare organizations and technology vendors exchanging data today, Redox represents the largest interoperable network in healthcare. Learn how you can leverage the Redox platform at www.redoxengine.com.
Other Stuff About Us
Redox is an EEO company. We fully support the diversity of our team! Here's a recent blog post about our stance on diversity and belonging: Diversity at Redox
We believe in holding ourselves to a high standard of conduct. Here's how we think about this: Redox Code of Conduct
Successful candidates must be eligible to be employed in the US, and must reside in the US.
Thank you for your interest in Redox!