Sr. API Engineer
Engineering – Integration Normalization
We at Redox understand that we are all patients, and our mission is to make healthcare data useful and every patient experience better. Our values represent the basis of our culture of trust, transparency, and personal growth, and define how we want to interact with each other and the world.
Redox’s full-service integration platform accelerates the development and distribution of healthcare software solutions by securely and efficiently exchanging healthcare data. With just one connection, data can be transmitted across a growing network of more than 500 healthcare delivery organizations and more than 200 independent software vendors. Members of the Redox Network exchange more than seven million patient records per day, leveraging a single data standard compatible with more than 40 electronic health record systems. We are on a path to double our number of client connections over the next year and need to continue to build applications that scale accordingly.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our applications provide ingress and egress pathways that are responsive to the communication and data format needs of our customers, all while being resilient to our scaling needs to process millions of records per day. Our engineering teams own their solutions, enjoying the autonomy to design and implement the technical solutions to the hard problems presented by the myriad ways of exchanging healthcare data.
A sampling of the technologies we use to implement these solutions include:
- Libraries and µ-services built using TypeScript/NodeJS
- Data management using Postgres, Kafka, and Redis
- Horizontally scalable containerized deployments using Docker, Rancher, and Kubernetes
- Application monitoring using InfluxDB, Grafana, and SumoLogic
An impactful engineer will:
- Collaborate with other team members to continue to scale our architecture, taking into account the needs of today while remaining flexible enough to evolve for the needs of tomorrow
- Work within a µ-service architecture, creating new solutions and decomposing our existing monolith
- Own projects from end to end, executing on designs involving multiple fellow engineers
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC - from requirements, design, and development through testing, deployment, maintenance, and support
- Create RESTful APIs that adhere to best practices, as well as build out tolerant async models of communication
- Understand the tension between an ideal end state and delivering value quickly and effectively prioritize between those options
- Bias towards action while solving the biggest problems in sight
Your day to day will consist of:
- Pairing with other team members, embracing a culture of collaboration and mutual respect to solve complex problems
- Designing solutions to feature requirements as prioritized by Product Management
- Implement solutions through the entirety of the SDLC, including testing, deployment, and operationalization
- Create generic solutions to complex problems
- Reviewing fellow engineer’s code prior to shipping
- Troubleshooting production issues as they arise and building a more fault-tolerant system
- Experience writing horizontally scalable applications
- Experience working with relational data stores
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Strong desire to expand your professional impact and autonomy
- Healthcare IT
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including pairing
- Effectively give and receive feedback, both positive and constructive
- Operate effectively on a remote team
- Experience leading a team is a PLUS
It is not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of the areas outlined above. Please apply even if you are not sure you meet all these criteria. If you are interested in the role and think it could be a fit, we'd like to hear from you.
What We Do
Healthcare organizations and technology vendors connect to Redox once, then authorize what data they send to and receive from partners through a centralized hub. Redox's cloud-based platform is vendor and standards agnostic and enables the secure and efficient exchange of healthcare data.
This approach eradicates the need for point-to-point integrations and accelerates the discovery, adoption, and distribution of patient and provider-facing technology solutions. With hundreds of healthcare organizations and technology vendors exchanging data today, Redox represents the largest interoperable network in healthcare. Learn how you can leverage the Redox platform at www.redoxengine.com.
Other Stuff About Us
Redox is an EEO company. We fully support the diversity of our team! Here's a recent blog post about our stance on diversity and belonging: Diversity at Redox
We believe in holding ourselves to a high standard of conduct. Here's how we think about this: Redox Code of Conduct
Successful candidates must be eligible to be employed in the US, and must reside in the US.
Thank you for your interest in Redox!