Take the Lead Fellowship
The Boston Red Sox in partnership with the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics and New England Revolution have created the Take the Lead Fellowship as part of a collaboration between the five teams to share community programs and initiatives that help foster greater racial diversity within their respective fan bases and front offices. The Fellowship is designed for an approximate one year period and while the specific job responsibilities may change from one year to the next, each year a new individual will be selected for this Fellowship to work in a Red Sox front office position. As part of the program, the Fellow will spend two weeks at each of the other four teams during the course of the year to broaden his or her exposure to the sports industry, learn skills needed for future positions in the industry, and gain additional perspective on how the teams foster an inclusive and accepting environment in each of the respective venues.
- For the 2018 calendar year, the Take the Lead Fellowship will be focused in the Red Sox Community, Alumni and Player Relations department. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in coordinating Red Sox staff volunteer efforts
- Handle inbound requests for donations as well as for player and alumni requests
- Help distribute in-kind donations for local non-profits
- Assist with meeting groups and individuals who are coming to the ballpark as part of a community program or outreach
- Assist with community programs execution
- Assess our current Community Relations programming and identify areas of need
The job responsibilities during the two-week rotations at the other four New England sports teams will vary based upon each teams’ requirements, with a majority of time spent in the respective community relations departments.
- The Fellow we choose will be passionate about the social issues we face in our communities and in our ballparks, stadiums and arenas. People of color and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Additional desired qualifications include:
- A college or graduate school alum seeking to gain entry-level experience within the sports industry
- Strong commitment and demonstrated experience providing a high-level of customer service.
- Prior work experience within fast-paced, unstructured and frequently changing environments.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Attention to detail while also having the ability to work quickly balancing multiple priorities.
- Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours is a must.
- To learn more about Take the Lead, visit www.taketheleadboston.org
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.