Take the Lead Fellow
Community Relations /
The Boston Red Sox in partnership with the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics, New England Revolution initially created the Take the Lead Fellowship as part of a collaboration between the five teams to share community programs and initiatives that help foster greater racial diversity within their respective fan bases and front offices. In the Fall of 2018 this collaboration extended to include the Boston Pride of the National Women’s Hockey League. The Fellowship is designed for an approximate one year period and while the specific job responsibilities may change from one year to the next, each year a new individual will be selected for this Fellowship to work in a Red Sox front office position. As part of the program, the Fellow will work up to 4 weeks at each of the other five teams during the course of the year to broaden his or her exposure to the sports industry, learn skills needed for future positions in the industry, and gain additional perspective on how the teams foster an inclusive and accepting environment in each of the respective venues.
- For the 2020 calendar year, the Take the Lead Fellowship will be focused in the Red Sox Community, Alumni and Player Relations department. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in coordinating Red Sox staff volunteer efforts
- Handle inbound requests for donations as well as for player and alumni requests
- Help distribute in-kind donations for local non-profits
- Assist with meeting groups and individuals who are coming to the ballpark as part of a community program or outreach
- Assist with community programs execution
- Assess our current Community Relations programming and identify areas of need
- Additional Responsibilities specific to the Take the Lead Program:
- - Review and manage correspondence in the Take the Lead email inbox
- - Gather content from each team for the Take the Lead newsletter
- - Assist with Take the Lead events as necessary
- The job responsibilities during the rotations at the other New England sports teams will vary based upon each teams’ requirements, with a majority of time spent in the respective community relations departments.
Please note that this position is paid on an hourly basis and will be eligible for overtime pay but will not be benefits eligible.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.