Video game – Administration
Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Our in-house video game team is presently looking to hire an Associate Producer.
The Associate Producer assists the Producer to put in place the most efficient processes and pipelines to successfully ship the project within given constraints. to interpret and realise the Director vision, financially and logistically. She / he works closely with directors and leads all other heads of department to ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines, and stay within budgets. Throughout production, she / he monitors schedules and velocity and budgets, and prepare daily report sheets for Producers. detailing all aspects of each day's production.
- Work in close collaboration with the Producer who is accountable for the budget and the schedule of the game;
- Drive the progress of project work and communicate statuses to project stakeholders on a regular basis, ensuring excellent collaboration between project collaborators;
- Work with leads and directors to maintain and improve project pipelines to optimize velocity and ensure the good for of information application support knowledge / awareness;
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices;
- Lead all phases of a project, from initiation through closing;
- Facilitate organizational change, perform business process analysis and process improvement activities, and drive requirements management;
- Define and manage risk analyses and of the associated action plans (cots, deadlines, quality);
- Collaborate with producer to determine the resources required to ensure project success and secure their participation, mobilize and maximise production process and productivity;
- Manage agile methods (SAFe, …) and Assist in the implementation of new initiatives to improve procedures processes;
- Coordinate communications between the different teams inside the project;
- Ensure transparency and high quality in all forms of project communication (written, verbal);
- Communication and tracking of the progression status of the team to the producer;
- Manage individual project budgets and support team-wide budgeting processes;
- Manage priorities for Bugs and Production task.
- Minimum six 6 years of relevant experience as project manager or project manager in the game industry;
- Shipped at least 1 game as a project manager, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
- A thorough understanding of AAA games pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation;
- Experience with map and narrative pipelines an asset;
- Experience with automated build systems and continuous integration;
- Experience with source control systems such as Perforce;
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative;
- Well-organised and maintains high standards even under pressure;
- Logical thinker and solutions-driven;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, and ownership of your projects;
- Waterfall and Agile software development practices;
- Managing production pipelines ensuring successful product delivery;
- Production pipeline tools, such as Jira;
- Good team player and leader;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Detail orientated, systematic and accurate by nature;
- Strong written and verbal skills communication skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (both oral and written).