Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA
ABOUT REFLEKTIVE'S ENGINEERING TEAM
Reflektive is seeking a Data Engineer to deliver our talent development platform to the world's best places to work. Reflektive is a rapidly scaling company making this the best environment to take on ownership as well as learning how to grow a company.
You'll join a lean, prolific team where everyone, including you, is active in the product defining and development process (where deploying new features every 2 weeks is common). You'll know the customers we're talking to, and the needs of each one. As a result, you know where your initiative and drive can best make a difference (and be recognized!)
Our engineering team consists of developers from a wide array of backgrounds. Our data team primarily focuses on Java, SQL and Python. Our team is a tight knit, friendly group of engineers that are dedicated to learning from and teaching to each other. Team members regularly contribute to and optimize our engineering practices and processes. Our team wants to make software engineering fun, easy, and fulfilling, so we've come up with a set of values that we apply to our software every day: Simple, Flexible, Consistent, Predictable, Efficient, and Pragmatic.
What You'll Do:
- Working on Reflektive's Data & Infrastructure Projects
- Experience or demonstrated interest in Big Data Technologies
- Enhance and further develop Big Data processing pipelines for data sources containing structured and unstructured data
- Monitor and optimize key infrastructure components such as Databases, EC2 Clusters, and other aspects of the stack
- Help promote best practices for Big Data development at Reflektive
- Act as a bridge between the infrastructure and application engineering teams
- Provide infrastructure support with a focus on cloud based computing
- Build and support visualization and exploration capabilities around our Data Sets
- Work with the Data Extraction and Data Science engineers on normalization and analytical processes
- Work in an Agile manner with business users and data scientists to understand and discover the potential business value of new and existing Data Sets and help productize those discoveries
- Help design and implement disaster recovery efforts
- Analyzes requirements and architecture specifications to create detailed design
- Research areas of interest to the team and help facilitate solutions
- 8+ Years of professional experience as a Data Engineer or a Backend / Full Stack Software Engineer looking to move into Data Engineering
- Skills required: Java, SQL
- Great if candidate has experience in any of the following Python, Ruby on Rails, PostgresSQL, Redshift, Elasticsearch, ETL, Spark, Storm
- Startup experience
- Flexible team player
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done
- Willingness to learn and do whatever it takes to meet deadlines in a quick, ever-changing environment
- In 30 days, you will have deployed fixes to production and have an understanding of how Data is consumed/transformed/stored and the Key Infrastructure Projects
- In 60 days, you will have taken on a key greenfield production project, working independently or with team mates to deliver the project
- In 90 days, be a key individual in the team and wider engineering department, helping to deliver important data driven solutions
Forward-thinking organizations use Reflektive’s people management platform to drive employee performance and development with Real-Time Feedback, Recognition, Check-Ins, Goal Management, Performance Reviews, 1-on-1 Profiles, and Analytics. Reflektive’s more than 500 customers include Blue Origin, Comcast, Instacart, Dollar Shave Club, Healthgrades, Wavemaker Global, and Protective Life. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and TPG Growth, Reflektive has raised more than $100 million to date, and was ranked the 13th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.