Sr. Director of Sales and Business Operations
San Francisco, CA
The Sr. Director of Sales and Business Operations leads the company's operations in sales force effectiveness, manages functions essential to sales force productivity, and partners with senior management to drive cross-functional initiative execution. Key functions include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent. This role will work closely with Product Management, Marketing, Customer Success, and HR to drive operational alignment and a positive customer experience.
Reporting to the CRO - Chief Revenue Officer, the role will foster close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success. Sales enablement and operations management will both be critical to team success. With strong performance and experience, this role will have the opportunity to grow and manage a team
- Refine and standardize sales processes across the organization to improve operational efficiency, sales productivity, and customer satisfaction. These processes include, among others, forecasting and pipeline management, discount approvals, deal desk, product launch coordination, standardized KPI management, and win/loss programs.
- Provide leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the CRO, in implementing annual compensation plans (including policies and procedures) that are competitive and compelling while also in alignment with the company’s objectives and financial goals (sales commission dashboard creation - attainment vs. goal reporting system).
- Manage sales forecasting effectively to provide accurate prediction of future revenue performance. Ensure forecasting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes within the company.
- Partner with Product Management and HR to design and implement effective onboarding and ongoing learning curriculum.
- Responsible for the optimal global deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations to maximize sales productivity.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology and support resources impacting the sales organization.
- Own global deal desk support for large and/or custom deals, providing support in pricing, deal analysis, deal structuring, negotiation, closure, and fulfillment.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
- Partner with PMM on battlecards and other selling resources.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity.
- 7+ years owning full customer life-cycle, with deep sales management experience in a business-to-business, enterprise level, SaaS technology sales environment.
- 5+ years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Candidates must have a proven track record of success in providing strategic guidance and operational execution in Sales Operations and Field Readiness within a software sales environment.
- Should have a strong track record of meeting and/or exceeding revenue targets as a top performing enterprise software sales leader.
- Must be strategic, analytical and be able to clearly articulate what operational excellence looks like both now and as we grow with curiosity to deeply understand.
- Understanding of sales methodologies, sales funnel management, and bookings processes.
- Experience developing and managing sales compensation plans.
- Experience support or building sales training and enablement organizations.
- Proven ability to design and implement reporting technology and structure that impact and drive a sales organization to hit key metrics.
- Cross-functional program management or company M&A integration experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
123 Townsend St. Suite 300. San Francisco, CA 94107
Forward-thinking organizations use Reflektive’s people management platform to drive employee performance and development with Real-Time Feedback, Recognition, Check-Ins, Goal Management, Performance Reviews, 1-on-1 Profiles, and Analytics. Reflektive’s more than 500 customers include Blue Origin, Comcast, Instacart, Dollar Shave Club, Healthgrades, Wavemaker Global, and Protective Life. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and TPG Growth, Reflektive has raised more than $100 million to date, and was ranked the 13th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.