Software Development Engineer 1 - Ruby on Rails
ABOUT REFLEKTIVE'S ENGINEERING TEAM
We are seeking a Software Engineer to help scale Reflektive from a startup to being the market leader for employee performance management. The main question to be answered: Can you help a company scale?
Reflektive has major initiatives to tackle in the next year. Initiatives range from internal scaling, security, engagement, new verticals, pervasive technologies, research and development, data and analytics, and customer tools. Reflektive’s Software Engineer will contribute in their area of specialization. S/he will be a trusted leader that will drive initiatives over the finish line. S/he will help us solve complex design challenges and mature our platform to handle increasing traffic and scale.
You'll join a lean, prolific team where everyone, including you, is active in the product defining and development process (where deploying new features every 2 weeks is common). You'll know the customers we're talking to, and the needs of each one. As a result, you know where your initiative and drive can best make a difference (and be recognized!)
- Depending on your specialization, projects/initiatives may include: Security, scaling distributed systems, working on our core services related to user management, building out new verticals, guiding new engagement features, scaling traffic/imports/exports, managing APIs.
- Help scale the company in both headcount/workforce, as well as our technology. Scale our platform to handle an increasing number of enterprise customers: +50,000 employees
- Work extremely cross-functionally across Engineering and Product Management.
- Deliverables: (30 days) Own a feature; possibly being paired with another engineer. (60 days) Own and drive a new initiative (90 days) Bring that initiative to production.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails.
- Played a pivotal role in scaling a company. Startup experience strongly desired.
- You learn quickly, you’re adaptable and versatile.
- SaaS / Internet company background: web-based, hosted on Heroku or AWS. Experience in an Agile and Scrum environment.
Forward-thinking organizations use Reflektive’s people management platform to drive employee performance and development with Real-Time Feedback, Recognition, Check-Ins, Goal Management, Performance Reviews, 1-on-1 Profiles, and Analytics. Reflektive’s more than 500 customers include Blue Origin, Comcast, Instacart, Dollar Shave Club, Healthgrades, Wavemaker Global, and Protective Life. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and TPG Growth, Reflektive has raised more than $100 million to date, and was ranked the 13th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.