Senior Lead Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Reflektive’s infrastructure team is responsible for building and supporting the services that run Reflektive. The team also assists in scaling the engineering organization by participating in architectural design reviews, establishing best practices and procedures, and debugging problems across the whole stack.
Reflektive has major infrastructure initiatives to tackle this year. Our tech stack, workflow, and team continues to adapt along with our growing customer base and internal requirements. Initiatives this year may include prototyping new service architecture on linux containers, heavily investing in automation, and implementing strong security practices.
You’ll join a team where everyone, including you, is active and hands on in defining what we ship. You’ll work with product and engineering teams to understand our needs and learn how your skills can best make a difference.
Our products help other companies grow their employees to their full potential. Likewise, we also value personal growth within our company. One aspect of this is exemplified in the learning budget we have in Engineering. Every engineer gets an annual education budget to spend towards books, resources, or attending conferences to live our core value of #AlwaysLearning.
- Heavily influence the future of Reflektive’s technical architecture
- Be hands-on in scaling and securing the company’s infrastructure
- Collaborate across engineering and product teams to define requirements
- Communicate trade-offs of technical design
- Experience with scaling infrastructure for a growing engineering team
- Strong experience in system and application design
- Experience with building and deploying microservices in development and production
- Strong hands on experience with provisioning/orchestration: Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge and experience with linux containers (Docker, Vagrant)
- Strong unix fundamentals
- Strong network fundamentals
- Senior level experience in git, shell scripting
- Strong knowledge and experience with AWS: EC2, S3, RDS, Route53
- Strong experience in release and deploy automation
- CI/CD Continuous Integration / Deployment Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Languages: Ruby
- Database administration
- Experience with scaling a monolith
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kinesis, Storm
- Experience working in an Agile and Scrum environment
- Web-based/SaaS company background
- Startup experience
Forward-thinking organizations use Reflektive’s people management platform to drive employee performance and development with Real-Time Feedback, Recognition, Check-Ins, Goal Management, Performance Reviews, 1-on-1 Profiles, and Analytics. Reflektive’s more than 500 customers include Blue Origin, Comcast, Instacart, Dollar Shave Club, Healthgrades, Wavemaker Global, and Protective Life. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and TPG Growth, Reflektive has raised more than $100 million to date, and was ranked the 13th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.