Project Manager - Data Science
Remote - US /
Project Manager - Data Science
Team: Location: Remote
Who We Are:We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agri-food industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agri-food and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies, and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Our Mission:Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there. Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 200 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
Growth You’ll Foster
As the Data Science Project Manager at Regrow, you will manage the development and data generation process for Regrow’s suite of remote sensing-based data products. In this role, you will be responsible for advancing the maturity of existing data products from prototype to GA, managing the expansion of our data products to new geographies and supply chains, and guiding development of new capabilities across projects within the Regrow product portfolio.
What You'll do
- Work closely with Regrow’s Product, Engineering, and Science teams to establish clear project requirements, dependencies, and delivery timelines.
- Manage the planning and execution of multiple projects, collaborating with internal stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle (initialization, scoping, execution, delivery, closure/evaluation)
- Develop clear and repeatable processes for data science project management, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Anticipate, and work to resolve, issues related to project scoping, progression, and technical execution.
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations to improve operational efficiencies and implement scalable and sustainable solutions across all of our data products.
- Collect and socialize project insights among internal stakeholders across Product, Engineering, and Science teams, refining and updating Regrow’s understanding of how our products deliver customer value
- College degree or equivalent experience in Earth Science, Remote Sensing, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical or scientific project management role, including liaising with cross functional teams (eg technical, Product, Business)
- Experience working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build strong, productive relationships.
Desirable Skills: (bonus if you have them)
- Experience working with products teams in the agricultural, environmental science, or satellite imagery domains
- Familiarity with Google Earth Engine or other cloud-based satellite imagery analysis environment
Envision Yourself Here
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.