Data Analytics Engineer
Boston or remote (United States)
At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants.
As we scale adoption of our product domestically and internationally, we will accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation. By joining our data team, you will play a foundational role in supporting this mission by building and expanding powerful internal reporting and analytics tools that allow all Reify teams to benefit from rich data-driven decision making.
- Work closely with customer, product, and engineering teams to design, develop, iterate, and expand data analytics tools, models, libraries, or features
- Support a data-driven culture by expanding internal intelligence dashboards and tooling using PostgreSQL, Clojure, Python and R
- Work with data team to integrate additional data sources/streams and support new ETL pipelines
- Perform statistical analyses and prototype the next generation of intelligent features for StudyTeam users
- Become comfortable working across a stack which uses Clojure, Python, PostgreSQL, and R
- Become intimately familiar with HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory frameworks and how they influence our architecture and development decisions
- Frequently communicate your efforts to Head of Data and other technical/non-technical stakeholders in clear written, verbal, or presentation form
- Live our data philosophy, which focuses on ethical decision making, being aware of how biased data (and assumptions) can affect results (and people), and being laser-focused on business needs
What Will Make You Stand Out
- At least 2 years of professional work experience
- Deep comfort with PostgreSQL and understanding of performance concerns
- Comfort with statistical and analytical Clojure, Python, and/or R libraries
- Extensive experience with analytics dashboard systems such as Tableau, Periscope Data, or Mode Analytics
- Deep familiarity with AWS ecosystem (Athena, Glue, Redshift, S3, etc.), Apache Kafka, and similar
- Understanding the nuances of testing and addressing scalability/accuracy in distributed/probabilistic systems and ETL pipelines
- Experience with applied statistics, supervised/unsupervised learning techniques in a healthcare/clinical setting
- M.S./Ph.D. in computer science, biostatistics, or other relevant field
- Relevant published work (academic, blog posts, open-source contributions)
- Experience in a startup environment (as a remote employee using video/chat collaboration tools, if you’d like to work remotely)
- Relevant experience in a healthcare/health-tech company
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options: Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Coverage: 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: a top-tier health plan covering you in all 50 states (with option of HSA) dental, vision, disability (short-term and long-term), and basic term life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify). We enable 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Retirement Plan: 401(k) plan with employer matching program.
- Company-provided Workstation: You will receive a brand new Macbook Pro laptop to use for work.
- Location Flexibility & Transportation: For those working out of Boston, we provide: a free monthly public transportation pass (and are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing); unlimited coffee, infused water, and more (provided by WeWork); flexibility to work from home as needed. For those working remotely: you can work from anywhere in the U.S. compatible with an EST work schedule. Additionally, we’ll fly remoters in for company summits and team events, filled with fun activities, good food, and many opportunities to get to know your colleagues better.
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility: Generous paid-time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also completely eschew the “bro culture” sometimes found at startups.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders. Thanks!