At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to patients who need it.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants.
As we scale adoption of our product domestically and internationally, we will accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation. As VP of Engineering, you will play a foundational role in supporting this mission by significantly growing, organizing, and adapting our engineering team and development processes for success at scale.
- Organize engineering team and continually adapt development / communication processes to support ability to pursue multiple simultaneous product initiatives, and scale them to support an international user base of clinical sites and sponsors
- Coordinate closely with founding team and company leadership to ensure engineering initiatives are resourced correctly and in line with wider company roadmap
- Work with technical leadership (in an agile fashion) to ensure existing architecture can scale in a performant and secure fashion
- Oversee all engineering hiring and resourcing processes and technical team composition for feature development, operational needs, security, compliance, and more
- Be proactive in determining the needs of product engineering, data, and ops teams in a high-responsibility environment
- Develop an understanding of relevant clinical and international regulatory and compliance requirements (e.g. HIPAA, GDPR) and account for compliance in architecture and operational processes to prevent growth friction or privacy/security issues
- Stay versed in best practices for engineering management and continuously research and evaluate processes and technologies to keep Reify’s engineering team productive and able to deliver significant value to our users
- Previous experience in a Director or VP-level engineering role where you scaled a technical team from ~10 to 50+ engineers successfully
- Technical leadership experience at a startup which achieved significant traction in developing a valuable product used by a sizable portion of its target market
- Experience architecting and scaling the architecture of large-scale distributed web applications under explosive user growth
- Extremely refined communication abilities and empathy for different internal and external stakeholders; ability to understand and balance conflicting needs from different teams
- Ability to recruit and retain top technical talent
- Ideally: previous experience in healthcare and/or clinical research space
Technologies We Use
- Our primary application architecture makes use of Clojure for the API layer and ClojureScript (via React-based frameworks) for our front-end SPAs
- Our primary data stores are PostgreSQL and AWS S3 (via Athena)
- We are rapidly expanding our data architecture using technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Competitive salary and meaningful stock options -- commensurate to your experience and expertise.
- Comprehensive Health / Wellness Coverage and Retirement Plan 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Company-provided Workstation You have the option of getting a brand new Macbook Pro laptop
- Location Convenience & Transportation We are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more.
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid-time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also completely eschew the “bro culture” sometimes found at startups.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders. Thanks!