Boston or remote (United States)
We are a small team with the goal of delivering delightful user experiences throughout our products. In order to achieve this, we work directly with industry professionals, as well as our internal product, customer & engineering teams.
There are many opportunities to make an impact. We are directly responsible for improving Reify Health’s storytelling and brand. This includes working on company websites, support documentation, and external communication materials.
Our Design Team thinks in systems and champions this principle. We strive for consistency and look to develop patterns for reuse when solving problems. We are responsible for building our product design language in order to accelerate workflows throughout the design and development cycles of our products.
We are not afraid of getting our hands in the code. Our Design Team regularly pairs up with members of the engineering team to build front-end features. We believe that by working together, we not only make our experiences better for our end-users, but also better ourselves through close collaboration and learning.
We’re eager to find the right person to join our team. Clinical research professional do important and complex work. When they turn to Reify Health for help, we want to ensure that they directly benefit from our product – design is an integral part of their success.
- Communications design
- Company & Product websites
- Support documentation
- Customer emails
- Company presentations
- Help build and maintain our Design System
- Design and build reusable components as static assets for prototyping as well as a front-end development framework
- Documenting these components to encourage consistency and literacy of this design language for both product specs and development
- Product Feature Design & Front-end Development
- Design Desktop and Mobile experiences for our products
- Prototype ideas using our design system
- Develop spec with the Product Team and work closely with engineering to deliver product
- QA (Quality Assurance) — Testing our products and working closely with product and engineering teams to ensure a high quality customer experience
- UX Research — lead and attend customer interviews to better understand the problems we are trying to solve.
- Work with Customer and Sales teams to understand our design needs
- Work with Product Managers to determine scope of work
- Follow-up with customers and share ideas to validate our designs before building
- Follow-up with customers and see how they are using our products to better understand how we can make improvements
- Design Team Scaling — work with Product Team and Head of Design to help build out a design culture that..
- Values shipping high quality product
- Values interdisciplinary collaboration
- Values personal growth and mentorship
Your Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of design practice or learning
- You are a product minded designer who wants to ship real value and not just pretty pictures
- Interest in working in a startup environment and willingness to wear many hats
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively and efficiently
- You have some good experience with graphical tools like Photoshop, Sketch or Balsamiq Mockups (or other wire-framing tools)
- You have experience working with HTML / SCSS / JS to prototype ideas or a strong interest in learning these tools to better collaborate with our Engineering team
- Empathy — you can put yourself in other’s shoes and use your intuition to inform your design decisions
- You bring people across disciplines into your design process and collaborate well with the team
- You have strong sense of information hierarchy and priority when working with information
- You are pragmatic. You can see a distant future with a large system and take practical steps towards realizing this vision
- You have strong organizational and time management skills. You don’t disappear in your work to the point where you lose touch with your team.
- Strong HTML / SCSS / JS chops with experience and passion for Design Systems
- Strong Illustration or animation skills
- Experience creating tutorials or "how-to" videos
- Experience with static site generators like Middleman or Jekyll
- Years of experience working in startup environments or SaaS product companies
- Experience with Clojure, ClojureScript and/or React.js
- Experience designing tools in the healthcare space
- Experience with project management tools like Trello, Pivotal Tracker
- Experience with Git / Version Control Systems and Github
- You enjoy playing board games with your co-workers
Compensation and Perks
- We invest in our team’s development and are a fast growing company. There are ample opportunities to grow your role and rapidly develop your career.
- Competitive salary and stock option package -- commensurate to your experience and expertise.
- Health (including telemedicine), dental, vision, disability and life insurance. We pay 100% of your premiums and half for dependents.
- A public transportation monthly pass for Boston residents. We are a short 2-3-minute walk from South Station.
- Tackle a challenging, real-world problem in healthcare that directly help our friends and family -- and make large-scale impact.